ISR PED Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Job Title
- ISR PED Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Job ID
- Pentagon, VA 20301
- Other Location
Role and Responsibilities:
The subject matter expert will actively support the development, planning and deployment of PED capabilities and related architectures associated with existing, new or emerging ISR capabilities. This will include research and evaluation of new, emerging and existing government and vendor technologies to determine if they are capable of satisfying COCOM requirements within the necessary time line based on the assessed technical readiness level. The SME will support the ISR Operations Directorate in achieving a balance between collection, PED and communications in order to deliver the most effective and efficient ISR capabilities to the COCOMs.
****An ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance is REQUIRED to be considered for this role****
- Drafting and reviewing acquisition documentation, financial documentation, CON OPS, CON EM PS and SOPs for the development, procurement, deployment and maintenance of those capabilities Direction in Business & Technology POSITION DESCRIPTION /REQUISITION FORM
- Closely coordinating with the Combatant Commands to integrate PED capabilities and associated
architectures into the theater of operations and identifying opportunities to integrate new technologies into existing framework, or expand the current Combatant Commands' communications architecture to support/accommodate those capabilities
- Attending planning meetings, and articulating problems and solutions with regard to achieving initial and full operational capability of deploying ISR communications assets and enablers
- Producing, preparing and delivering briefings and weekly summaries related to the status of deployments; documenting, updating and tracking internal and external suspense dates
- Supporting preparation of presentations using Microsoft Office Suite Power Point software
- Tracking project decision points with vendors, Services, and Combat Support Agencies
- Assisting in day-to-day Department-level coordination related to rapidly deploying ISR PED systems into global theaters.
- Internally collaborating across a mid-sized matrixed organization of SME teams
- Assist in the development of evolving requirements and track the status of submitted initiatives; applying familiarity of operational and tactical PED capabilities and systems to the process of reviewing and prioritizing initiatives.
- Maintain close relationships with internal OUSDI organizations and mission partners across the DoD and IC.
- Assisting with the development of PED capabilities and associated architectures which take a federated approach to enabling capability across the COCOMs, Services and/or CSAs to include coordinating on, researching or providing input to doctrine, policy and/or regulations.
- Identifying the PED requirements associated with existing, new or emerging ISR capabilities and will research and provide input as to the associated Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel and Facilities (DOTMLPF) requirements to ensure the ISR capability being delivered is a "full round".
- In coordination with the Services (Air Force, Marine Corps, Army and Navy), Joint Staff, Deputy and Assistant Secretary of Defense Offices, and Combat Support Agencies (NSA, NRO, DIA, NGA), support deployment planning and operational integration of over 280 !SR collection; processing, exploitation and dissemination (PED); and communications initiatives into the COCOM's operational framework and assist in the solving of problems that could delay the initial/full operational capability of these systems.
- Regularly brief organizational leadership at the 3-star general officer, SES and GS-15 level
Other Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience supporting ISR operations in the DoD and/or the IC
- 5+ years of experience developing and managing detailed project plans, project risks, and financials.
- 5+ years of experience providing program/project management support of a technical team, of at least 20 personnel in a DoD/client-based environment
- 2+ years directly supporting government leaders at the General Officer, SES and GS-15 level
- 8+ years of experience supporting ISR operations in the DoD and/or IC
- 2+ years of experience working with U.S. allies and/or partner nations for the integration of ISR and PED capabilities, to include burden sharing
- 2+ years of experience supporting, and/or planning, and/or requirements development for Coalition PED operations
- Understanding of Coalition and NATO ISR capabilities and intelligence sharing capabilities and architectures, to include BICES
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to a classified and sensitive compartmented environment and information.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
- Optional Skills