Are you Patient? Kind? Compassionate? Do you enjoy helping others and want to make a difference in your community? At Cardinal Hayes Home and Hayes Day School, we care for, educate, and empower individuals with developmental disabilities.
We have Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem positions in various areas of Dutchess County (Amenia, Clinton Hollow, LaGrange, Millbrook, Pleasant Valley, and Red Hook).
In addition to a rewarding and meaningful career...
Employee Benefits Include:
• Competitive salary
• Affordable & comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance - with no deductibles!
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Life and disability insurance
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Training, development, and advancement opportunities
Join us in transforming lives and helping individuals achieve their greatest potential in a caring, supportive, and team-oriented environment.
Cardinal Hayes Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Speech Language Pathologist
- Job Title
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Job ID
- Millbrook, NY 12545
- Other Location
Hayes Day School, based in Millbrook, NY, is a state-of-the-art facility serving 60 children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are seeking a Certified Speech Language Pathologist to evaluate and provide treatment for students with multiple disabilities and disorders in communication and swallowing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a stable and growing organization that prides itself on transforming lives and helping individuals achieve their greatest potential in a caring, supportive, and team-oriented environment.
As the Speech Language Pathologist, you will work approximately 19.5 hours per week, but your schedule can be flexible to your availability.
Pay: You will earn $30-$40 per hour, based on experience.
What you’ll do as the Speech Language Pathologist:
- Provide services in a flexible manner either pulling students out or pushing into classroom activities depending on the unique needs of each student and the classroom
- Collaborate with all team members to consider physical, sensory, motor and behavioral needs of each student
- Consult with classroom and residential staff regarding the implementation of speech, language and feeding goals
- Develop appropriate goals and objectives for each student‘s IEP
- Develop and implement the best method of alternative and augmentative communication systems including PECS, speech generating devices, sign and tactile systems.
- Conduct annual and triennial re-evaluations as needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What's required of you:
- Current NYS Certification in Speech Language Pathology
- Previous experience teaching individuals with speech and learning disabilities
- Basic computer skills and ability to speak, read, and write in English
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!
Equal Opportunity Employer