Sr. Product Business Analyst (Payments/Banking) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Product Business Analyst (Payments/Banking) - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Product Business Analyst (Payments/Banking)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Join our Software Engineering – Platform/Data Services (PDS) development team thru the full-lifecycle of data analysis and help build and grow the team in areas of Data Sourcing, Data Transformation, Logistics, and Requirements Definition for our distributed products and services. This role will focus around defining and documenting overall product/service requirements as it relates to our Data Warehouse and “Data Services” for our payments processing division. This role will drive and/or participate in all phases of the development cycle: concept, initiation, technical design, prototype/POC, development, testing, release, and implementation; with a key focus on special projects for our back-office development, data sanitation/validation, and operationalizing our data processes going into a new generation of our payment platforms. Will work with cross functional teams across our Payments division. This position is very much a hybrid analyst position focused on multiple functional areas of our business.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in enterprise level Data (or Database-related) Architecture, Design, and Implementation
- Hands-on experience with process architecture, business and data analysis, and project coordination (and/ or project management) in a technical environment.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise systems, infrastructure, logistics software design and development, and project implementation, product/services support, and system integration experience
- Experience in white paper drafting and technical writing.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required; business, software and infra engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years specifically in enterprise scale environments (supporting multiple data centers, NOCs, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Strong Experience in Excel, Visio and/or Data Visualization tools (such as ERWIN)
- Data visualization experience preferred (visual comps).
- Helpful to understand Software development methodologies around Microsoft Stack: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), WCF, ESB technologies (MS Azure/ESB, Neuron ESB, etc.) vs. Caching/Indexing Technologies, and Microsoft App Fabric.
- Solid understanding of Banking/EFT/Financial Institution domain and based technologies; along with data layer experience w/ ISO8583 in a cutting edge enterprise.
- Experience with back office production support and implementation techniques.
- Strong communication and project orchestration to ensure project objectives are delivered on-time and expectations set with project stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of audit and compliance requirements from entities such as FFIEC, PCI, SOX, etc. all focused on compliance in the banking/credit union/core space.
- Focused on innovation and cutting edge technologies within a five nines environment (99.999% uptime).
- Experience working collaboratively with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and DBAs with the common goal of delivering value to the business.
- Experience with Syncsort DMX Product.
- Understanding of ISO 8583 and Payment related data types.
- Strong Communication and Organizational skills for Project-based work and objectives.
- Help define level of effort (LOE) for project-based work efforts, objectives, and key milestones. Focusing on back office related project objectives and assisting the development staff and data analysts to ensure objectives are being met and any logistical hurdles are met on time.
- Working with solution and system architects (peers) to deliver enterprise class solutions and/or integration into custom product/service development methodology.
- Assist with design and implementation of our Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) with our PMO workgroup to ensure that “Project Methodology” and “SDLC” work together in conjunction and as seamless as possible.
- Assists in design/proofing/red-line for artifacts and product documentation including but not limited to: product technical design and prototyping, data design/development, support and problem plans, work instructions, and technical specifications.
- Provide cross coverage and provide soft skills for both project management and business analysis core competencies to relieve some of these pressures on development staff.
- Understand data design patterns and enterprise design regarding data in the Payments Industry (banking, credit unions, bill pay, EFT, etc.) within both commercial off the shelf (COTS) and custom solutions.
- Experience around performance analysis in regards to infrastructure, network, and data movement within an enterprise environment within payments industry.
- Provides both individual, team, and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs and overall LOE in regards to back office efforts.
- Document technical designs, using flow charts, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, descriptive software component documentation, wireframes, and visual comps.
- Provide strong understanding of the overall BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) and how to effectively document and communicate both business requirements and functional requirements depending on the stakeholder.
- Design and Implement Processes and Procedures to meet Audit and Compliance Based Objectives.
- Experience with SharePoint and other ‘content-management’ type tools to provide central hubs for Audit and Compliance and our Software Engineering team.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Assess the risk, problem/problem resolution and impact of changes to complex solutions and the effect of hardware infrastructure change on a solution or technology.
- Budget solutions, specifically taking ownership of the proposed technical back office development projects.
- Reviews, coordinates, analyses and defines requirements for new development/enhancements to and maintains existing systems including new product development, customizations and enhancements