SQL DBA - Contract
- Job Title
- SQL DBA - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: SQL DBA
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The immediate need for this DBA is to help several clients standup their SQL environments and test our developed product, with the longer term goal of supporting the released product and helping to create a managed DBA services offering. To be successful the DBA should have strong experience with administering, managing, documenting and performance tuning of SQL Servers. This candidate will work alongside our clients and development teams to ensure a successful release. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to mentor and train other resources on SQL servers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and an understanding of Microsoft Server administration.
- Experience with analyzing database performance and the ability to recommend enhancements to increase application efficiency, capacity, and responsiveness to users
- Experience with creating standards and executing processes for Installing, Configuring, Securing, and Monitoring Microsoft SQL Server in a high-availability environment.
- Ability to work with Developers, System Administrators, Architects, and IT Management to plan and size production systems.
- Ability to Identify and resolve related database issues.
- Ability to work with clients in a positive, polite, and supportive manner.
- Participated in monitoring, testing, and performing recovery operations with stored and archived data and images using network storage devices.
- Knowledge of Replication Technologies (transactional, merge) in a production environment
- Working knowledge of SAN concepts and physical array design
- Experience supporting a managed DBA services offering
- Maintains several database environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
- Designs database reporting infrastructure.
- Monitors server performance and makes changes as needed. May design performance monitoring systems.
- Mentors new DBA staff and provides training.
- Works closely with developers, support and QA teams to design and optimize all DB environments.
- Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and may design disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs installation, configurations, and maintenance for clustered database servers.
- Plans and performs database server upgrades and determines standards for server configuration.
- Performs database reviews and provides input to database design.
- Writes and reviews stored procedures and makes recommendations for optimization.
- May assist less experienced peers.