Applications Engineer, Advanced
- Job Title
- Applications Engineer, Advanced
- Job ID
- Springfield, MO 65809
- Other Location
The Enterprise Integration and Solutions (EIS) team is looking for an Application Engineer to join our Installation team. Enterprise Integration and Solutions (EIS) team provides software integration via Microsoft Web Services to a variety of data consumers and data providers. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and love to work closely with our clients and develop strong relationships with their team members.
The Application Engineer will install, configure, and test EIS software on customer Windows Servers and SQL. This work is performed remotely and requires no travel to customer sites. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills to insure the best support to our external customers. This position will work intimately with our customer IT departments to design and deploy Enterprise Integrations and Solutions (EIS) systems. The position may also need to work with data consumers and providers to ensure that data traffic is flowing as expected. Our teams cover the gamut of infrastructure systems from numerous versions of Windows and SQL Servers, Load Balancing, IIS, clustered SQL setups, virtual and physical systems, as well as networking and active directory integration via ADFS.
If this sounds interesting to you, you will be working with a team if 12 application engineers in a strong team environment that are located in different locations. All Application engineers, must be able and adapt well to new environments and technologies and be able to assist team members in doing the same. This is cutting edge technology. The right candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, have superior technical skills, a strong understanding of system infrastructures and an overall strong ability to creatively solve problems. Must be able to manage complex and diverse projects.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with any of the following Microsoft Windows Servers: 2008 and or 2012.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with any of the following Microsoft SQL Servers: 2008/2008R2, 2012 or 2014.
- Must have experience with Networking concepts and connectivity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Understanding of Group Policy
- Understanding of Virtual Server Technologies
- Understanding of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Understanding Citrix and Terminal Server Technologies
- Understanding Network Load Balancing/Hardware
- Understanding RSA Certificates for use with SSL and authentication
- Knowledge of XML
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site or remote installations, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Performs on-site or remote customer work including design, installations, repairs, testing, upgrades and/or maintenance on technical products.
- Identifies customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Resolves customer problems and answers questions.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customers.
- Conveys customer feedback to technical design and engineering staff.
- May provide ongoing application, network and security support including servers, firewalls, routers, active directories, etc.