Sr. Data Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Data Engineer
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75013-2790
- Other Location
Join the CPS Software Engineering – Platform and Data Services (PaDS) development team thru the full-lifecycle of data engineering and help build and grow the team in areas of data management, analytics, reporting, and business intelligence. Participates in all phases of the development cycle: concept, initiation, technical design, prototype/POC, development, testing, release, and implementation; with a key focus on data definition, sanitation, process development around data (sourcing, provisioning, request mgmt., testing, etc.). Will work with cross functional teams across our Payments division.
- Minimum of 6 years of Experience with enterprise systems, database design and development, and system integration experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with data warehouse design and development.
- Experience with analytics, dashboard tooling, and ETL toolsets in large enterprise-based payments/banking industry.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development techniques.
- Experience working collaboratively with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and DBAs with the common goal of delivering value to the business.
- Experience with Syncsort DMX Product (ETL).
- Experience with data modeling software (ETL)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; business, software and infra engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise class database development, focused on transactional environments w/focus around SQL 2012/2014/2016; including redundancy modeling (Disaster Avoidance/Recovery), cross data center high availability, always on, horizontal and vertical scalability, and various forms of data movement (log shipping, replication modeling, Always On, etc.)
- Experience with Banking/EFT/Financial Institution domain and based technologies; along with data layer experience w/ ISO8583 in a cutting-edge enterprise.
- Encryption based development via Host Security Modules and adherence to PCI compliance and requirements.
- Focused on innovation and cutting-edge technologies within a five nines environment (99.999% uptime).
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Work under data/solution architects to deliver enterprise class data structures and solutions and/or integration into custom product development.
- Help define data matrices, data dictionaries, data structures across various topologies (SQL Server 2016, Hadoop/Cloudera stacks, etc.)
- Complete product technical design and prototyping, data design/development, support and problem remediation.
- Understand data design patterns and enterprise design regarding data in the Payments Industry (banking, credit unions, bill pay, EFT, etc.) within both commercial off the shelf (COTS) and custom solutions.
- Experience around performance analysis at the Data/DAL layer and how to maximize performance in a highly transactional environment in the payments industry (cards, core banking, ATM, etc.)
- Provide both individual, team, and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs and overall LOE regarding data efforts.
- Document technical designs, using flow charts, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, data flow diagrams, database schemas, descriptive software component documentation, wireframes
- Develop and test applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation, use cases, white papers, system and deployment architecture, and technical process/procedure documents for the group.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Assess the risk, problem/problem resolution and impact of changes to complex solutions and the effect of hardware infrastructure change on a solution or technology.
- Budget solutions, specifically taking ownership of the proposed technical data analysis around Data.
- Reviews, coordinates, analyses and defines requirements for new development/enhancements to and maintains existing systems including new product development, customizations and enhancements
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge in the following areas:
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies.
- Domain and industry knowledge.
- All phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
- Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Able to demonstrate excellent skills in the following areas:
- Software design and implementation
- Analysis and design at multiple-project level
- Research, analysis and problem resolution
- Communication and interpersonal
- Organizational and time management
- Able to complete deliverables for each phase of the development cycle.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance, while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Able to provide task estimates including effort and cost; able to adjust these estimates as appropriate and necessary.
- Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications a plus and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
- Review, coordinate, analyses and defines requirements for new development/enhancements to and maintains existing systems including new product development, customizations and enhancements
- Understand data requirements, and design/develop/enhance new and existing business data management systems
- Design, develop and test data creation/migration/retrieval/management jobs
- Strong SQL experience – including query, performance, table design, normalization.
- Strong ETL experience – including data sourcing & shipping from/to multiple sources using different data structures (flat files, comma delimited, VSAM, structured and unstructured data etc.)
- Strong data security, testing and validation experience