Financial Reporting Senior Manager
- Job Title
- Financial Reporting Senior Manager
- Job ID
- Springfield, MO 65809
- Other Location
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a mid to senior-level finance or accounting position.
- Previous leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated strategic, visionary leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Displays exceptional planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly adaptable and able to work autonomously.
- Detail-oriented with a strong analytical mindset.
- CPA license preferred.
- Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Oversees the monthly financial statement close process and prepare and analyze monthly management reporting packages. Includes overseeing the preparation of an executive summary and serving as a key review control for overall review of monthly financial data.
- Develops and oversees annual and long range financial plans and forecasts; partnering with the Accounting team to understand and challenge inputs to improve accuracy.
- Assists in financial analysis activities to provide interpretation of past, present and forecasted results of the company relating to all aspects of the Income Statement, along with providing explanation of results.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting including executive and board presentations.
- Presents analyses and business results to Management team.
- Effectively interfaces with business leaders to understand and report upon key financial trends, challenges, opportunities, and forecasting implications.
- Uses systematic reporting and information to prepare detailed, objective scenario analyses.
- Develops financial best practices and process improvements for financial reporting and planning to include but not limited to budgeting, forecasting, month-end close.
- Assists the Finance Team with the creation, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
- Implements and maintains reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Creates financial models and analyses of financial and operational metrics to evaluate and direct business performance.
- Partners with business leaders to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and efficiency of budget and forecast processes..
- Commits to the leadership and development of team members while fostering a positive, collaborative work culture.
- Utilizes a hands-on approach to manage and prioritize special projects, and participates in other projects as required.
- Develops and improves financial systems.
- Maintains updated professional and technical knowledge.