- Job Title
- Senior Accountant
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66215
- Other Location
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of four years of income tax experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrate ability to perform tax research and write memos
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with business partners
- A reputation and commitment to the highest standards of integrity and ethics
- Consolidated C Corporation tax return preparation experience
- Experience with tax compliance software, preferably Corptax
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
- 2 years Big 4 public accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred (may be in progress)
- Experience with general ledger software, preferably Peoplesoft
- Reviews Corporate Income Tax and Franchise Tax. Maintains company tax records, prepares filings for tax refunds, and researches inquiries from government agencies regarding filings, compliance, and other claims.
- Researches methods and presents proposals to lessen tax liability through the use of laws and regulations and recommends actions that meet the business plans while managing the tax liability.
- Maintains current knowledge of all tax laws affecting the company.
- Assists with tax audits.
- Reviews the reconciliation of general ledger accounts appropriate for responsible tax areas.
- May assist less experienced peers.