Physical Security Specialist
- Job Title
- Physical Security Specialist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 22202
- Other Location
- Offsite - Mark Center
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide physical security planning, design, advice and assistance on government and contractor facilities which are storing, processing and/or discussing classified information IAW, but not limited to, the following:
- Intelligence Community Standard 705 (as implemented)
- DOD 5200.01 Vol. 3
- DoD 5105.21-M1, Sensitive Compartmented Information Administrative Security Manual
- National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security, NSTISSAM TEMPEST/2-95, Red/Black Installation Guidance
- National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security, NSTISSAM TEMPEST/2-92, Procedures for TEMPEST Zoning
- National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security, NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-95, Shielded Enclosures
• Provide advice and assistance on the implementation and management of the Physical Security Program to include supporting adhoc physical security training requests from various office components
• Advise government and industrial facility plans for physical security accreditation and provide a written report of best practices and recommendations.
• Prepare correspondence for submission to accrediting and approval authorities that identifies discrepancies in submitted plans or recommends approval and accreditation of identified facilities. Correspondence will be prepared IAW the applicable security classification guide and in the government prescribed format.
• Update and maintain physical security operating procedures and inspection checklists which are required by DoD, SCI and /or SAP physical security and TEMPEST requirements.
• Draft and process Technical Security Countermeasures requests.
• Provide support in the conduct of security reviews and staff assistance visits at government and industry locations applying regulatory directives to ensure the location being reviewed is in compliance
• Process Visit Requests.
• Assist in establishing unescorted access for DoD personnel by submitting paper documentation to the badge office and Access Control
Skills and Core Competencies:
• Ability to translate complex concepts into tangible and functional products.
• Ability to interface with senior level management.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the governing directives and the application of directive language to practical situations.
• Workplace security issues such as active shooters.
• Knowledge of federal national physical security preparedness programs.
• Knowledge of Emergency preparedness policies, plans, and procedures.
• Knowledge of physical security equipment and countermeasures.
Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Criminal Justice, Business Management, Security Management, or Business Administration
• Min 7 years’ experience with Physical Security program implementation and management
• Knowledge of DoD mission and organization
• Demonstrate experience as a security professional
• Knowledge of and experience working in the U.S. Government and DoD security systems
• Military with a background in security or related discipline
• Experience in risk assessment processes and identification of risk reduction measures
• Experience in development and implementation of physical security emergency preparedness training programs and outreach/awareness materials.
• Experience in conducting research and analysis on best practices and provides recommendation on improving effectiveness and operational efficiency of physical security programs and operational efficiency. Supports the design, development, and executive of exercises and drills to test physical security programs. Experience in developing plans, standard operations procedures (SOPs), and outreach/communication materials.
• Experience in Federal security program and strategic planning.
• Obtain and maintain CAC
• TS/SCI PCL required at hire
• Travel outside of National Capital Region may be required.
• Local travel within the National Capital Region may be required to support work requirements in specific offices.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
An active TS/SCI is required to be considered for this position