Advanced Systems Engineer (Linux and containerization technologies - i.e. Docker or Garden RunC) - Contract
- Job Title
- Advanced Systems Engineer (Linux and containerization technologies - i.e. Docker or Garden RunC) - Contract
- Job ID
- Springfield, MO 65804
- Other Location
Title: Advanced Systems Engineer (Linux and containerization technologies - i.e. Docker or Garden RunC)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking a talented, driven Systems Engineer who blends enterprise Linux experience with the willingness to embrace new technologies. The Engineer will report to the Cloud Services - Service Design & Deployment Manager and will work on a team with 3 other professionals. In this position, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for the automation and orchestration of software infrastructures in a Cloud Native Infrastructure environment. This position will be filled and worked out Kansas City, MO, or Dallas, TX (Other work locations in MO may be available). You will have the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies and be part of a new team that will help set the technological direction of our cloud environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Linux Operating systems
- Experience with containerization technologies (example: Docker or Garden RunC)
- Experience with Pivotal or Open Source Cloud Foundry environments
- Experience with automating application and infrastructure delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with supporting and implementing cloud native automation and orchestration tools such as Mesos, Marathon, or Kubernetes
- Experience with IaaS tooling such as BOSH, JuJu, or VMware Orchestrator
- Experience with data lake technologies such as ElasticSearch or Hadoop
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT field
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Position Specific
- Support application owners in the delivery and maintenance of their cloud native applications
- Gather and understand business requirements and be able to translate them as technical requirements.
- Design, Build and Maintain Cloud Native Infrastructure to support new applications
- Develop application and infrastructure management solutions and processes within our cloud environments
- Identify, create, and maintain tools to support our cloud
- Work with other engineering and operations teams to integrate Cloud and data center infrastructure components
- Create and participate within our service management processes for new cloud native applications
- Build and enact your knowledge to implement end to end automation and orchestration of cloud native applications and infrastructure
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects in developing new solutions to enhance and create new services within the cloud
- Provide operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Assists with IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintain in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Assists with the preparation of systems assessments or certifications.
- Assists with the execution of test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with disaster recovery/avoidance initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery and avoidance