Developer SME - Instant Messaging (TS/SCI with Poly Required)
- Job Title
- Developer SME - Instant Messaging (TS/SCI with Poly Required)
- Job ID
- Fort Meade, MD
- Other Location
Developer SME – Instant Messaging
Fort Meade, MD
TS/SCI with Poly Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we have an opportunity for a Developer SME – Instant Messaging to support an IC customer in Ft. Meade, Maryland. As the potential Lead for an Instant Messaging development and application replacement team the candidate will technically liaise and/or oversee: contract subject matter experts, the resolving of critical issues, the replacement of the an obsolete IM application with Mongoose IM, the migration of the IM service to the Cloud on multiple network fabrics, and other relevant categories.
- Establishes system information requirements using analysis of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Designs architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for agency IT architectures, and profiles of standards as they apply to the implementation and specific to the solution for the platform, integration with other systems, and the external interfaces.
- Ensures that the common operating environment is compliant.
- Performs risk analysis.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Polygraph required to start
- A Master’s Degree in a Technical, Computer or Math related field with five (5) years experience in the following: Domain Name Server (DNS), Network Time Protocol (NTP) and IP routing protocols.
- (OR) A Bachelor’s Degree with seven (7) years experience; an Associate’s Degree with ten (10) years of experience may be substituted for the Master’s Degree.
- (OR) No degree with 10 years of experience implementing information technology solutions is acceptable.
- Familiar with functional language programming to include the definition, design, development, integration, testing, deployment, and life cycle support of systems, services, or capabilities.
- Experience in programming and large system software design and development with knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- Familiarity with Instant Messaging application development is important.
- Knowledge and previous use of Erlang is a major plus.
- Knowledge and development as applied to Instant Messaging services is a plus (Mongoose IM as major plus).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, traffic management and cloud computing experience are desired.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or learn about our other exciting opportunities on the Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @fortmeadejobs @polyjobs @ICjobs @MDjobs #instantmessagingdeveloper #mongoose #erlang #IMdeveloper