Sr. Systems Network Administrator (Linux, MS, Apache, Bash Shell & PowerShell Scripting) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems Network Administrator (Linux, MS, Apache, Bash Shell & PowerShell Scripting) - Contract
- Job ID
- Springfield, MO 65804
- Other Location
Title: Systems/Network Administrator (Windows Server Admin & Scripting experience needed)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn new technologies as a Systems/Network Administrator? If so, we have a career opportunity for you! Conexess Group is seeking a Systems/Network Administrator to join our Cloud Services team that supports internal and external customers. You will handle all assigned services deployed within the data centers. This position is responsible for design, implementation, support / managing servers such as but are not limited to: MS Windows
The position will perform daily administrator tasks as well as being involved in project tasks as assigned. You will also be responsible for coordinating the product installations with internal business units and external vendors. This position will report to the Systems Network Administration Manager - Cloud Services and will work on a team with 6 other administrators. This position requires on call rotation (1 week) that is every 8 weeks. Must be able to work 2 weekends a year for semi-annual disaster recovery exercises. Conexess Group offers competitive benefits and career advancement opportunities. Possible travel up to 5% to attend meetings or conferences.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Windows Server administration
- Minimum of 2 years of scripting experience
- Strong networking aptitude
- Proficient knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft IIS Administration
- SSL Certificate Management
- SQL experience
- Project management skills
- Extensive Power Shell and scripting skills
- Able to perform in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and/or tasks
- Strong ITIL knowledge and/or certification(s).
- Experience with Web Site Performance Tuning, Monitoring and Vulnerability Management.
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- Implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May manage data access and data permissions.
- Assists in managing user accounts.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on servers.