Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job ID
- PLYMOUTH, MI 48170
- Other Location
The Corporate Accounts Payable Specialist position is an integral part of the shared services group and will be responsible for processing a high volume of supplier invoices in an accurate and timely fashion for the US and Canada. Additional responsibilities include performing month end and reconciliation tasks; monitor open purchase order receipts; manage automated processes and resolve any errors or discrepancies and other special projects as assigned. Due to the high level of automation, a good understanding of integrated computerized systems is required. The position interacts with associates in all levels of the company (from plant associates to upper management), and therefore excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing automated and manual supplier invoices, supplier payments (including electronic and manual) and resolving supplier inquiries.
- Assist Sr. AP Specialist with inter-company transactions and balances.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of general ledger account code distributions while processing payments.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal customers and external suppliers.
- Support other accounts payable personnel in terms of problem resolution, training and back-up as appropriate.
- Resolve all payment discrepancies between suppliers and plant purchasing.
- Maintain accounts payable records.
- Perform month end and all reconciliation tasks as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain routine spreadsheets, data files and word processing documents.
- Work with teammates to meet monthly metrics and goals.
- Create and maintain work procedure documents.
- Answer verbal and written inquiries pertaining to the status of accounts and payments.
- Maintain confidentiality in communicating sensitive information and handling confidential materials.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Manage alerts from the Controls’ Force engine including double invoices, ghost invoices, ghost vendors, etc.
- Perform account payable services for North America region
- Target areas for continuous process improvements
- Target vendors for automated payments (ACH) and evaluated receipt settlement (ERS)
- Monitor and maintain process documentation to keep up to date
- Maintain vendor updates to ensure accuracy of vendor master data
- A.S. degree in accounting or other business related field
- Minimum of 3+ years in Accounts Payable functions
- Must have experience with QAD, SAP or similar ERP system for a similar sized company
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills
- Direct experience with AP systems, including automated processes for invoice processing, expense reports and bank payments
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with peers, vendors and internal customers
- Comfortable in a fast pace and highly automated environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- General accounting experience in multi-location company of similar size and complexity
- Familiarity with evaluated receipt process for AP
- CAPA, or similar professional designation