City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Job Title
- Medical Secretary
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
Immediate opening for a full time Medical Secretary. This person MUST have previous and current medical office experience. Knowledge of electronic medical records, insurances (PPOs, HMOs), referrals, authorizations and the ability to verify eligibility by telephone and/or online. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, a fast-learner, self-starter, attention to detail and works well with our team.
- Insurance verification
- Maintains a high level of customer service with patients
- Assist with patient registration, obtains necessary signatures and accurately enters the patient information into EMR system.
- Ensures all insurance, personal and health information is obtained and verified prior to each patient's appointment. Scans insurance card.
- Maintains daily scheduling and confirmation of patient appointments.
- Responds to heavy volume of incoming calls for appointments and other requests.
- Collects patient's insurance co-payments, co-insurance, deductibles and prior balances. Able to explain payment policy/billing procedures and patient financial responsibility.
- Prepares and files patient forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you meet all our requirements please send resume.
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, if you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, this is available upon request.
- Required Skills
- Pay Range
- $16.00 Hourly to $18.00 Hourly