Quality Manager (Automotive)
- Job Title
- Quality Manager (Automotive)
- Job ID
- Carey, OH 43316
- Other Location
The Quality Manager acts as the management representative for the quality improvement effort across the organization. The Quality Manager has a responsibility and authority to ensure the establishment, implementation and improvement of processes needed for the Business Operating System. The roles and responsibilities listed are not meant to be all inclusive.
- Implements the Global Quality Operating system process and tools to drive manufacturing and design robustness of key products.
- Supports, ensures compliance, and participates in the improvement and development of systems and procedures of the current Business Operating System.
- Manages significant customer issues (launch, plant, warranty) by leading the cross-functional team and interfacing with the customer to mitigate issue severity.
- Manages functional areas of the Quality department and administrative issues for the Quality department.
- Ensures the coordination and management of the internal and external audit process related to the business operating system.
- Ensures the promotion of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Develops department objectives to support organizational goals.
- Monitors and reports to management on the performance of key quality performance indicators.
Years of Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a quality manager or engineer required
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Global / International experience
- Plant Quality controlling and managing experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly and directly communicate, both written and verbally.
- Ability to counsel, guide, and evaluate the work of others in a manner that motivates the achievement of company goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Expert quality system knowledge and system auditing experience
- Preferred certified Six Sigma Black Belt.