- Job Title
- Unix/Linux Admin
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Rockville, MD
- Other Location
Q1 Technologies, Inc. is looking to hire a Unix/Linux Admin to join our rapidly growing information technology company.
At Q1 Technologies, Inc., our business is to assist our client in utilizing information technology to gain a competitive advantage. From system integration to contingent workforce solutions, we have enabled our client to exceed their business objectives.
Job Title: Unix/Linux Admin
Contract Type: W2 Employee | 1099 Contractor | Corp 2 Corp
Work Location: Rockville, MD
Duration: 12 Months
- First responders to any system and application events/impacts for issues with our customer domain.
- Work independently and within a team to triage and remediate production system and application incidents.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post mortems.
- Work with Technical Duty Officer and other support teams inside and outside the Command Center in troubleshooting, escalating, and resolving critical site incidents.
- Identify recurring system and application issues and work with all teams and stakeholders in investigating and resolving any issue.
- Contribute or build from scratch applications to help our functional teams operate efficiently on a day to day basis.
- Understand PayPal’s basic production system architecture and design in order to better align improvement strategies.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Last but not the least, enable reduction of failed customer interactions. 7 x 24 On-call rotation
- Support Change Ticket process/implementation for production issues
- Expertise using Linux command line
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of networking principles and OS operation and maintenance.
- Familiarity with load balancing principles
- Familiarity with config management (puppet a plus)
- Development skills in at least one scripting language
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Established record working in fast paced changing environment, large scale applications across the stack
- Familiar with Change Management process (Service Now), JIRA, Confluence
- Working knowledge of Unix – Linux and scripting skills
- PL/SQL skills and debugging stored procedures required
- Application development using Java/J2EE
- Good understanding, of production monitoring/alerting (Dynatrace, Traverse, Splunk, Nagios) and management capabilities leveraging existing platforms and tools.
- Jira, Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, Rally, Capistrano, Oracle Database, SQL
- Required Skills