IT Systems Administrator & Support Consultant
- Job Title
- IT Systems Administrator & Support Consultant
- Job ID
- Morristown, NJ
- Other Location
IT Systems Administrator & Support Consultant
Morristown, New Jersey
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting and contract staffing partner for Melinta Therapeutics. Our client has a need for an, IT Systems Administration & Support Consultant to work initially under contract through Talent Orchard LLC, with the potential to join Melinta on a full time salaried basis. The Consultant will be the go-to person on-site in the Morristown, New Jersey offices of Melinta and be part of a distributed support team for the entire company.
This is an exciting and diverse role in a growing company where you will both support existing tools and be a part of the process of IT enhancement and transformation as the firm expands and systems evolve. Like many pharmaceutical firms, technology and data are critical to the success of the business as a whole, In addition the industry in highly regulated and system stability, integrity and security are of the highest importance.
Melinta Therapeutics is the largest pure play antibiotics company in the US with a potential $1B in commercial and late stage development products, plus a robust early development pipeline. The company’s mission is to meet the continually evolving threat of bacterial infections by discovering, developing, and commercializing a continual stream of novel antibiotics.
Melinta is optimizing its information technology and aggressively following a SaaS and Cloud-Based strategy, primarily centered upon core Microsoft platforms, including enterprise suites of SharePoint, Office 365 and One Drive. In addition there are a number of scientific, regulatory and commercial SaaS applications that need to effectively integrate within the enterprise architecture.
The Morristown location houses a number of key scientific and core business functions and as the primary on-site consultant this role will include a blend of core system optimization and improvement with technical support and administration, in particular for critical user communities.
Are you ready to:
- Understand the business needs within departments and assist those leaders in ensuring technology works effectively to service those business requirements?
- Build strong rapport and relationships with the local user community to earn trust and ensure engagement with IT systems improvements?
- Recognize competing demands and priorities and be able to effectively manager work commitments and requests for assistance in line with business and company priorities?
- Develop trusted relationships with leaders, vendors and the rest of the distributed IT support team to ensure system reliability, optimization of performance, effective security and adaptation to business needs?
- Assist with platform migration towards commercial applications including VEEVA for life sciences, support field staff and their tools and work with Commercial Analytics of data driven insight development?
- Optimize Cloud applications within a rapidly developing organization where IT demands continually fluctuate and evolve?
- Be the go-to expert for support and security issues related to the suite of Microsoft applications in use within the firm?
Do you want to:
- Be the person leaders and colleagues trust with their technology needs and issues?
- Assist business leaders in both optimizing current technology and with the process of effective selection of new systems or solutions through structured RFP process?
- Be part of a small but talented distributed IT team, dedicated to ensuring business continuity and growth?
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and deliver on them?
Your background will look like this:
- A technical, preferably IT related degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in Life Sciences or another highly regulated industry.
- A proven track record supporting Microsoft cloud and SaaS products including SharePoint, Office 365 and One Drive within an office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a Systems Administrator across multiple software and systems, including examples of quickly assessing and understanding new applications, working with users and vendors to ensure their smooth operation.
- Prior experience working with vendors to add new technology or conduct enhancements, preferably with package selection and RFP experience.
- Prior knowledge and experience within Life Sciences using VEEVA cloud platform strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working with commercial life sciences data analytics and reporting platforms to analyze information such as prescription, or customer master data, preferred by not required.
- Ability to work alone as the lead resource, while collaborating with remote colleagues on broader IT initiatives.
It is our Company's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status. In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws world-wide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. No recruiter or agency calls please. Melinta Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com. #ITSysAdmin #SaaS