IT Support Specialist
- Job Title
- IT Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Johnson City, TN 37601
- Other Location
Founded in 2002, LabConnect provides global central laboratory services including routine and esoteric laboratory testing, kit building, sample management, biorepository and scientific support services for biopharmaceutical and CRO clients in support of their clinical trials. LabConnect is a central lab headquartered in Seattle with a primary operating facility in Johnson City, TN. We’re looking for professionals that share our core values of building long-term successful relationships, self-awareness, passion to excel, creativity and interconnectedness.
The IT Support Specialist manages and provides hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Providing services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and troubleshoot hardware, software, printers, phones and network operating systems.
- Add/Delete/Change users in multiple company specific systems and servers.
- Connect devices to network via switches, wireless, Ethernet and VOIP.
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology and assist with training on updates, changes and new processes.
- Provide individual training and support on request
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology and phone hardware, software and resources and order all technology supplies.
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access.
- Collects information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Maintain users/hardware/database for the VOIP phone system.
- Document all computer builds, daily tasks, software/hardware/permission changes.
- Configure computers for in-house and off-site users.
- Create new sites, pages, links and apps.
- Maintain door security users/settings/cards/database.
- Attend weekly IT Department update meetings as well as setup and attend monthly All Call meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor's degree and three-to-five years of IT support to include installation and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; development software; design software and database software as well as hardware installation and maintenance, and network operating systems.
- This job has some supervisory responsibilities
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.