- Job Title
- Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Orange, TX 77630
- Other Location
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, as well as the consumer goods, electronics and retail sector.
Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 28 countries throughout Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 12 000 people.
In order to continue the growth of our group, Katoen Natie Orange Inc. (USA) is looking for an experienced Operations Manager for our ‘on-site’ operation at the existing chemical plant of our customer in Orange, TX.
KATOEN NATIE SPECIALTY CHEMICALS: Operations Manager
The candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of all packaging activities for a large, highly complex, 24/7 plant environment to ensure all operations run efficiently and safely as possible, while meeting customer production goals and standards.
In close conjunction with the site Facility Manger, the Operational manager will be responsible for the following:
- Forecast staffing, workload, and performance results to meet business demands.
- Prepare, review, and analyze reports to identify operational improvements.
- Analyze and register the performance results by evaluating the activity of all assigned personnel.
- Determine periodical reporting of the key performance indicators in terms of production, quality and safety.
- Develop a daily plan for all operations to be completed provided by the customer
- Help improve on the current operations model to better manage available resources in order to minimize costs and maximize results.
- Monitor purchase orders, expenses, person-hours, and rolling equipment following company standards.
- Assess the performance of personnel in respect to quality, safety, and housekeeping of assigned building.
- Properly follow all agreed procedures, instructions, documents according to Katoen Naties’ Quality Manual.
- Supervise the safety and security of all employees, subcontractors, visitors, or any individual inside the facility.
- Investigate and provide detailed report to the HSEQ department for compliance and accidents pertaining operations under assigned supervision and workstations.
- Assist the Commercial department on any duties that might involve obtaining information pertaining operations involved with the facility to foster customer relationship.
- Follow Katoen Native’s Quality improvement policy by constantly identifying gaps and modifying the instructions and training related to all the operations across the facility.
- Help create a yearly business plan for the upcoming year in coordination with COO and Facility Manager if applicable.
- Continually develop employees by providing the necessary training to run assigned operations.
- Negotiate and close contracts with external parties / subcontractors / suppliers.
- Bachelor Degree with a focus on Business or Engineering, or higher education with a management background or equivalent through experience (4-6 years).
- Advanced skills with MS-Office and Adobe Pro applications. Proficient with the use of Spreadsheets (Pivot Tables, Macros, Formulas, Data structure, etc.) and document presentation preferred
- Experience in an operational management position in a similar environment preferred.
- Fair knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems related to logistic services.
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit with a “get it done” attitude. Open to learn new things in an everyday basis and able to interact with employees on all organizational levels.
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and follow all Safety Procedures outlined by OSHA regulations.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently
- Ability to perform all basic calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment at various temperatures to complete warehouse tasks. Ability to work in an environment that includes dust and other debris to receive and store materials, and machinery.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require lifting, walking, stooping, and handling materials. Ability to lift and carry up to 55 lbs. to receive, store, and ship materials, supplies and/or equipment. Ability to stand and perform work duties for an extended period.
- Ability to handle up to 85 decibels of noise per 8 hour shifts due to heavy machinery and rolling equipment within the terminal, all according to OSHA permissible exposure limits.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20” or less). Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, Depth perception (3D vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships). Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Work other than normal scheduled hours, which may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays. According to the needs of the business.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer training and an introduction into a growing organization, both in the USA and abroad. KTN offers a competitive compensation package which includes comprehensive health benefits and a company sponsored 401k plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.