z/OS Mainframe Performance Analyst - Contract
- Job Title
- z/OS Mainframe Performance Analyst - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: z/OS Mainframe Performance Analyst
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is currently seeking a z/OS Mainframe Performance Analyst in the Plano/Frisco, TX area. Under moderate supervision, this contractor will provide Mainframe Systems Programmer support for multiple mainframe systems. The right individual will have excellent communication skills, work well under pressure, and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
This candidate will need to have a strong understanding of z/OS architecture and be able to communicate with system programmers to bring new LPARs online. They will need to understand system configuration of processor, storage, communications, and memory resources with the specific goal of optimizing performance of both third party and organically developed applications.
- At least 4 years’ experience as an IBM Mainframe z/OS Performance Analyst/Engineer
- Experience with IBM zOS Systems in a Parallel SYSPLEX environment
- SYSPLEX and ICF configuration and tuning experience
- Three or more years Capacity & Performance planning
- Three or more years Capacity & Performance reporting
- Tuning of Batch and On-line transaction processes
- Business application workload sizing and capacity forecasting
- Knowledgeable and Skilled on the following technologies:
- MQ, CICS, DB2, and DB2 distributed
- Configuring and trouble-shooting IBM WLM
- OMEGAMON, TMON, or other mainframe z/OS system monitors
- Online and Batch Transaction processing experience in Banking or other Financial Services Industry
- IBM z13, EMC/VMAX, DLM and HCD (Mainframe Storage)
- Optimization of DASD Channel Program
- VSAM performance optimization, file organization, and access modes
- Tuning related to Dispatch Priority of Mainframe Jobs
- Service classes, reporting classes, performance goals, capacity capping, and velocities, etc..
- Installation and Configuration of 3rd Party software
- Installation and configuration of IBM Mainframe ZOS
- Troubleshoots and helps debugs production issues along with helping application teams do so
- Perform other special technology projects and initiatives as assigned
- Provide as needed on-call support for incident management and problem resolution
- Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practice
An Error has Occurred
We apologize in advance for the inconvenience this may cause you. We monitor all error reports pro-actively, and our support staff has been alerted to this condition. At this time, we would like to suggest that you retry your request, or return at a later time. Additionally, if you would like to send an email to our support staff, please do so. Please copy and paste the contents of this page in the message as well as any additional information you may have.