Financial Controls Analyst
- Job Title
- Financial Controls Analyst
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Financial Controls Analyst
The Financial Controls Analyst is critical to management's annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting, as required to demonstrate compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) standards, and to support other established financial control processes within the Financial Controls function. The Financial Controls function primarily strives to evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of both detective and preventative controls within processes that support the preparation of reliable financial statements. The Financial Controls Analyst will be responsible for developing an understanding of processes and business cycles relevant to financial reporting, assessing related risks and understanding and validating management's controls around financial reporting.
This role is ideal for a candidate with a public accounting and/or audit background and who is actively seeking professional growth and experience with a large and exciting organization. This role allows an individual the ability to gain visibility within the Company and the opportunity to interact with a number of functions within the organization. The role provides various opportunities for future development in a number of different capacities throughout. Under general supervision, this position will be responsible for understanding financial reporting risks, assessing processes and controls, documenting findings and making recommendations. The individual in this role will interact with various members of the organization and will provide consultative guidance to process owners and management.
- Participate in identification of financial reporting risks and evaluation of design and operational effectiveness of existing and/or proposed internal controls surrounding financial reporting.
- Support the review and evaluation of account reconciliations prepared by various business units and provide feedback to account reconciliation owners.
- Participate in the development of controls including analytical tools, reports, and systems to support an effective control environment.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors as needed.
- Opportunities to provide insight into establishment of internal controls within new processes that may have a material impact to financial statements and potential process improvements.
- Special projects as assigned
- 2-4 years of relevant experience (public accounting experience, preferred)
- Experience with account reconciliations and audit industry documentation standards (preparation of workpapers, flowcharting, narratives, walkthroughs, and control testing), is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal control concepts and auditing standards (Sarbanes Oxley experience a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support multiple assignments and stakeholders, prioritize workload for self, and coordinate with teammates to meet established team and individual deadlines.
- Flexible and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented, energetic, motivated, and action-oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple internal business partners and experience working in a collaborative and team-oriented manner.
- The ability to interact effectively with a diverse team located in various geographical areas
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is required CPA Certification or equivalent is preferred