IT Director- Application and Support
- Job Title
- IT Director- Application and Support
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
Application Development and Support Director
In this critical role on the Corporate Technology team you will have global responsibility for application development and support for our core operational and business intelligence systems. This is a key leadership role, with management of a team of experienced professionals with broad responsibilities over our key applications and the teams that who keep them operating.
- Global management of all application development and support efforts for the IT department.
- Development and governance of application development processes and standards.
- Implementation of application best practices incorporating modern principles including, but not limited to “Lean”, “Agile” and “Devops” across the IT business.
- Management of resource loading and balancing; collaboration with the Technology Program Office (TPO) on creation of realistic staffing plans and executable project plans.
- Responsibility for on-going support, maintenance and upgrades of our core applications including planning, creation of business cases and resourcing of support organization -including the selection and management of third party vendors.
- Collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture team to develop application, integration and other architecture standards. Part of the architecture governance process of the IT organization.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree in Information Systems or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in leadership of an Application Development organization. Experience in an established consulting firm as a consultant is a plus.
- A certification in Program Management such as a PMP is preferred.
- Must be process and detail oriented, but able to grasp the big picture. The ideal candidate would be a creative and innovative person with a demonstrated passion for technology.
- Must be a polished presenter and able to make compelling presentations up to and including the Board of Directors level.
- Must work full-time and primarily out of the Southfield office. Travel, including International travel, up to 25% may be required.
- Good facility with general MS Office tools and Project Management tools is desired.