- Job Title
- Shipping Clerk
- Job ID
- NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91605-3704
- Other Location
Wilshire Precision can trace its roots to 1951 to a small machine shop on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles. Like most Southern California precision machine shops in the 1950's, Wilshire offered its services to the burgeoning local aerospace industry. It was during these early years that Wilshire Precision established a reputation for uncompromising quality and outstanding customer service that is at the foundation of our success.
Today, Wilshire Precision is at the leading edge of the precision manufacturing industry with ongoing contracts to build complete electric motors for military and commercial applications. All manufacturing and assembly is done at our facility in North Hollywood, with strict in-process quality control and an advanced MRP system to assure that every component, large or small, meets or exceeds our customers' requirements. Our state-of-the-art facility is NADCAP approved and certified to ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100-C, and is designed around the principles of lean manufacturing to maximize efficiency and product reliability. In addition to our manufacturing services, we offer engineering consultation to help our customers design manufacturability into their products, and deliver value and reliability to their customers.
At Wilshire Precision, our team of manufacturing experts has been building precision aerospace components and assemblies for nearly sixty years. We have the knowledge and experience to deliver top-quality products on time, every time.
Dedicated. Detail-oriented. Hands-on. It's a list of common traits, but together, they make uncommon people. People who think differently - smart people who can adapt to any situation. If you are seeking a phenomenal opportunity to contribute and hone your primary skill set, then this is your chance to join our team.
Relying on your skills and talents, we will expect you to prepare product for shipment, verify and keep records on outgoing shipments as well as maintaining inventory. Some of your duties will include identifying, packaging, storing and shipping merchandise or material.
- Mark/stamp parts per customer specifications and/or blueprints
- Basic blueprint reading
- Wrap parts in accordance with specified procedures
- Package outgoing orders securely in specified boxes
- Record shipment data in the shipping log
- Pack, seal, label and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping
- Compare identifying information and count, weigh or measure items of outgoing shipments
- Assemble cardboard containers or select preassembled containers
- Assist Shipping Coordinator in maintaining inventory
- Log work orders/jobs to track time
- Sweep warehouse at end of shift and empty trash containers as needed; keep warehouse neat and orderly
- Operate tier lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping, storage and/or work area
- High School degree or equivalent
- 2+ years shipping experience
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with specialty packaging a plus
- Inventory management ability to tag and mark product for shipment
- Shipment record keeping
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.