- Job Title
- Accounting Clerk
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77032
- Other Location
Established in 1996, Compass Directional Guidance, Inc. is a leading supplier providing specialty electronics technology and equipment used in drilling oil and gas wells.
This position requires a high energy person with superior organizational skills, detail orientation, a perennial “can-do” attitude and a high level of professionalism, displayed at all times. Important to this role is a commitment to excellence in every function and responsibility as you complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. We will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, preparing checks, resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation, ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos and issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintain historical records and file documents
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Experience with AP/AR, tracking expenses, vendor relationships, analyzing information, chart of accounts and account coding
- Bookkeeping procedures, general ledger and monthly reconciliations
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and reconciliations
- QuickBooks and other accounting software
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and organization
- Ability to multi-task and take on extra tasks/projects as needed by the accounting department
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office, Excel, Word, etc.
- Data entry
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary annually, commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a small company environment.