- Job Title
- Receptionist/Office Assistant
- Job ID
- ARVADA, CO 80003-5459
- Other Location
Since 1975, Community First Foundation has been helping generous donors and innovative nonprofits come together to improve the quality of life and create positive change in Jefferson County, the Denver metropolitan area and beyond. We serve as a connector, partner, collaborator and resource to fuel the power of community for the greater good. We are proud to use our energy, leadership and trusted stewardship of financial resources to energize giving across our state, strengthen nonprofits, support donors and find new ways to address community needs.
This position reports to the Executive Assistant with a portion of time allocated to serving as a member of the administrative support team.
Receptionist (approximately 65%)
- Serve as front desk receptionist.
- Answer incoming calls, greet visitors, provide-customer service and relay accurate messages. Respond to phone requests for information and follow through to complete resolution.
- Responsible for having a good command of the Foundation’s telephone system, maintaining a list of procedures and frequently requested information.
- Responsible for keeping reception area clean (making sure water is available for visitors and ensuring collateral racks are up to date and full).
- Assists Executive Assistant by serving as a member of the administrative support team.
- Provide coverage, as needed, for team member breaks, lunches and absences.
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the administrative support team to ensure the organization’s administrative support needs are being met.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail and faxes and distribute on a timely basis.
- Maintain staff emergency contact roster.
- Assist with Foundation special events throughout the year.
- Participate in weekly admin. meetings and bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinate file storage and inventory management.
- Research office equipment, contracts and products.
- Kitchen clean up at the end of the day.
Finance (approximately 25%)
- Mail invoices and grant checks.
- Manage and track incoming ACH information for the ColoradoGives program; including but not limited to, verifying information, acknowledgement of received forms, researching and correcting returned/rejected ACH transactions, and annual verification of current ACH records.
- Filing and inventory assistance for Finance Department, including journal entry filing.
- Proof the Financial Edge report for ColoradoGives against the Distribution Report to make sure donations are entered correctly.
- Assist in preparation of expense reports when needed.
- Invoice ColoradoGives nonprofits for refund transactions and update spreadsheet accordingly.
- Invoice regional champions each quarter and update spreadsheet accordingly.
- Process other invoices, as needed (for example, monthly rent).
Building Administration Issues (approximately 5%):
- Provide building administration backup support to Meeting Space Administrator.
- End of day security walkthrough.
- Shutdown of staff breakroom at night.
- Take an active role in building security: review cameras, issue access codes.
Information Technology Administration (approximately 5%):
- Provide backup support as liaison with IT vendor.
- Provide backup support in the processing of IT ticket requests.
Assist with special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Prior administrative experience preferred.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new databases as required, such as Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment: ten-key, postage machine, laptop, multi-purpose printer/copier/fax/scanner, projector, etc.
- Ability to transcribe/prepare meeting minutes.
- Effective skills in the areas of scheduling, written communications, record keeping, telephone etiquette and interpersonal relationships.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods and operate a computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- We value our employees. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and pension plan. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the Foundation. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Community First Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serve as front desk receptionist.