Applications Manager / Senior Applications Developer
- Job Title
- Applications Manager / Senior Applications Developer
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Applications Manager / Sr. Applications Developer
REPORTS TO: Director/Program Manager
MicroTech is seeking an Applications Manager / Sr. Applications Developer to support a client. This individual will lead a small, diverse team of developers on all aspects of application delivery to include administration of the master project schedule (MS Project) which tracks the progress of all application development projects and tasks. The successful candidate must have experience utilizing SDLC or Agile methodologies; must be a team-player, able to work within a technical staff; but must also be able to work independently with minimal supervision to keep all projects on schedule. Must possess excellent social, interpersonal, written and verbal skills to effectively set expectations, interact with the client, senior leadership, and fellow team members to ensure overall success.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides oversight of the application development team; manages and monitors daily team member activities to achieve optimal performance and ensure quality deliverables are being provided for the client in accordance with mutually agreed upon delivery schedules
- Responsible for building, updating and managing personnel resources and schedules using MS Project for the Applications Team utilizing industry best practices (i.e. Integrated Application Lifecycle Management, CMMI)
- Work collaboratively with team members to troubleshoot, resolve and implement required changes in the development, test, staging, and production environments
- Leads efforts to create requirements, designs, and specifications for complex or highly technical Web applications; which may require extensive research and analysis
- Translates functional requirements into technical solutions for application development
- Writes, edits content and coordinates updates to existing websites
- Ensures projects are developed with professional level standards for site performance, usability, scalability, browser compatibility and reliability.
- Reviews designs and maintains compliance with application, infrastructure, architecture and security
- Oversees the development of required logic, algorithms and code for the applications. Work with users during integration testing to identify errors, fix coding errors, and implement requested changes
- Reviews logical data models (entity relationship, business process, and process flow. Builds physical data models (conversion of logical models in relational database models). Works with database administrators to coordinate necessary changes to the database structure.
- Utilize SDLC or Agile methodologies to ensure applications are functioning properly before production deployment
- Works with Enterprise Cyber Security and the Systems Team to mitigate security findings, if any
- Participates in the Change Control Board (CCB) at various levels
- Provide status reports of bi-weekly or monthly accomplishments
- Coordinates with the Operations Team and the Enterprise to perform mission systems maintenance during Government scheduled maintenance windows
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years’ experience in functional or business or systems requirements elicitation and development; or the equivalent training and experience
- Senior Developer skills: .NET, JAVA
- Team Lead experience
- Familiarity with developing applications within the cloud (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Developing platform independent web applications
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Experience with CMMI Level 3 or higher processes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: