Program Manager - International Optical Transport Networks
- Job Title
- Program Manager - International Optical Transport Networks
- Job ID
- Fairfax, VA
- Other Location
Technical Program Planning and Implementation Manager for International Optical Services (Contract)
Talent Orchard LLC, a Woman Owned Small Business with 8a Federal designation from the SBA, has a commercial contract requirement for a very experienced Program Manager with deep international optical transport network services (OTN) experience. The contractor will be engaged working to lead the activities of a team within one of the largest global telecommunications firms in the World on a collaboration with a major "blue sky" technology firm. This is potentially ground breaking work.
Experience & Capabilities
- Experience developing, documenting and executing complex program plans for multi-national terrestrial Optical Transport Networks (OTN).
- Experienced with complex multi-location OTN deployment planning and management to include effective management of multi-vendor international transport services requirements.
- Successful experience implementing OTN(s) with a diverse variety of international transport services providers. Knowledgeable of and experienced in planning and management of Ethernet interface infrastructure.
- Familiar with Data Center and Satellite communications technologies and interconnection issues. Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Ability to lead translation of business needs and application requirements into required technical specifications for supporting network(s).
- Effective leader of engineers performing full life cycle network requirements analysis, network planning, design, and implementation, and operations.
- Experienced in conducting trade-off analyses to identify best-fit technical approaches to resolve business problems.
- Experienced in definition and documentation of Statements of Work (SOW) for domestic and international transport services providers and equipment providers.
- Builds integrated program plans that include change control, configuration management, and risk management for resulting OTN.
- Extremely effective at dependency management and critical path planning and management.
- Demonstrated successful track record in creating and leading collaboration in multi-vendor/multi-party complex team environments.
- A track record of on-time on-budget program execution
- B.S. in Engineering & M.S. in Engineering or M.B.A.
- Twenty or more years total Telecom Engineering and Technical Program Management experience to include leadership of international/multinational planning and implementation for Optical Services.
- Conversant with current technologies to include DWDM, Packet Optical, ROADM,
- Carrier Ethernet, FiberChannel. Superior Negotiation and Communication skills.
- Superior collaboration and relationship building skills with multi-national teams.
- U.S. Citizen
PMP Certification (PMI)
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #programmanager #OTN #Optical @novajobs