Fort Belvoir, VA
Top Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are seeking a well-rounded Systems Engineer to work in an exciting and dynamic team-oriented environment that combines technical systems engineering talent with business and security needs to deliver high-quality client IT solutions.
This position is in a fast paced, operationally diverse lab environment and operations network, focusing on the analytics program for the Customer. The selected candidate will be a member of a data center team supporting an R&D community.
- Will provide hands-on systems, software and network engineering.
- Will be expected to interact with the team, customers, Government COR and Government PM.
- Will play a key role in the architectural and design decisions the team makes and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions to leadership, management and customers (including government and military personnel).
- Will provide technical expertise to help team members engineer, deploy and operate with an understanding of systems and infrastructure dependencies within the enclave.
- Will provide installation, configuration, and operational use of a variety of operating systems (Red Hat, Windows, ESXi) and virtualization (VMWare).
- Must be a U.S. citizen with Active Top Secret security clearance to start
- Certifications: Security+ (AND) Vendor Certification required to start (Linux or Microsoft)
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 7 years of professional experience; or 5 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Server 2012/2016 and Virtualization Engineering (Vmware preferred)
- Must be familiar with DoD IA requirements (STIGs, vulnerability scanning)
- Must be familiar with development methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall).
- Should have strong Communication skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with application development and big data concepts/technologies (HADOOP, NiFi, MongoDB) a plus.
- Scripting/coding experience with PowerCLI; Powershell
- Experience with UI design and the ability to elicit requirements from customer
- Experience with open source plugin development
- Ansible experience a plus
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #systemsengineer #linuxengineer #redhat @topsecretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs