Computer Operator I (Help Desk/Tech Support) - Contract
- Job Title
- Computer Operator I (Help Desk/Tech Support) - Contract
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77069
- Other Location
Title: Computer Operator I (Help Desk/Tech Support)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking two Computer Operators to join our team in Houston or Frisco/Allen/Plano, TX. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for 24/7 monitoring of both the activity of our customers as well as internal applications. This will include monitoring the following: switch, servers, ATM transactions, reports and batch. Additionally, you will be required to provide customer service to financial institutions by notifying them regarding any issues.
- Minimum of 18 months of experience in Help Desk, Technical Support or IBM/Mainframe experience.
- Must be able to work 3pm-11pm or 11pm-6 am and weekends & holidays.
- Experience using SharePoint.
- Experience with IBM Mainframe.
- Experience in Card Processing or the banking industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of batch processing.
- Maintains necessary operating records, check lists, and procedures to ensure accuracy and completion of functions.
- Utilizes scripted instructions to perform routine processing functions to meet deadlines or standards.
- Provides support to customers and internal users in a courteous and professional manner.
- Monitors the console and other online systems. Responds with appropriate actions and escalation.
- Follows established guidelines to ensure security of data and computer systems.
- Completes the shift turnover log for the next shift; and reviews the shift turnover log from the previous shift.
- Contacts the Operations Unit Manager for assistance as needed.
- May manage a Windows Server environment.