Sr. Performance Test Engineer (Visual Studio) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Performance Test Engineer (Visual Studio) - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Performance Test Engineer (Visual Studio)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking a Senior Performance Test Engineer in the Frisco/Allen/Plano, TX area. The Senior Performance Test Engineer will be working with the automation engineers and management to understand, collect and review the performance benchmarks and requirements for multiple projects. We are looking for a senior level contributor to conduct performance testing of our web applications and web services. The ideal candidate will have a proven background in performance testing, as well as experience with Visual Studio. Banking & payments processing industry experience is also preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in dedicated performance testing of web applications and web services.
- Minimum of 2 years of performance testing experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience defining best practices for load/performance testing and implementing those practices across multiple teams.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL server Database development using tools including SSIS and SSRS.
- Agile Scrum Experience.
- Excellent knowledge of automated QA systems.
- Excellent knowledge of performance test systems.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing lifecycle.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- Experience with C#.
- Conducts moderately complex testing, troubleshooting and analysis on various phases of network systems development including integration, systems testing, field test plans and acceptance plans in order to maintain the viability of the system. After the test, will send the results to management.
- Report on the installation status of patches necessary for supported servers.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces. Develops automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries while adhering to coding standards.
- Schedules and conducts testing, submits testing errors and issues to development for correction, tests corrected code and tracks defects.
- Documents test progress and results. Prepares reports and presents results as needed.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and implementing automation projects. Monitors automation projects and ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Performs evaluation of products and systems and determines candidates for automation.
- Serves as team liaison to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Analyzes scripts and performs code reviews of automated scripts. Reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Provides updates on automation progress and custom reporting as requested.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- Fulfills load testing requests and sets up appropriate load testing monitors on servers. Executes and analyzes load tests, and reports to product team members.
- Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Provides training and technical assistance to members of the automation team. May assist with training on software enhancements. May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
- May advise or recommend unit testing applications. May assist or recommend the application of a UML.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- Assists with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with software changes for update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.