Lead Data Architect
- Job Title
- Lead Data Architect
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Lead Data Architect
The Data Architect serves as technical subject matter expert in data and data analytics centric projects and supports the full delivery cycle of the solution. He/she develops and supports the realization of technology projects and strategies in alignment with the business strategic priorities. The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on data architecture experience, excellent communication and collaboration skills and keep herself/himself abreast with the latest technology trends and best practices.
- Responsible for the architecture and design of data warehousing and other data analytics centric solutions in the Commercial and Consumer Banking Technology (CCBT) group.
- Hands-on support on POCs, prototypes and other technology evaluation efforts.
- Provide data architecture and technical leadership support to development teams throughout project lifecycle.
- Evaluate and advise on technologies and solutions in the data & analytics space, keeping current with latest capabilities and industry trends.
- Act as technical data SME for the Consumer and Commercial Banking Technology organization.
- Identify and manage risks associated to data architecture by ensuring it meets data security, privacy, quality, compliance, and governance requirements.
- Develop and implement standards, guidelines, procedures, and roadmaps to support data strategy and enterprise architecture.
- Active participation in data technology domain teams and solution architecture forums.
- BS and 10+ years or equivalent experience.
- +6 years of experience in data architecture roles.
- Experience architecting and designing data analytics solutions using big data technologies.
- Cloudera distribution is a plus.
- Experience in large-scale data warehouse implementations.
- Kimball methodology is a plus.
- Solid understanding of big data and analytics landscape, preferable in large-scale development environments.
- Solid design and development background in ETL, DW, BI and data migration projects.
- Oracle is a plus. Excellent SQL Skills Strong hands-on experience with data modeling concepts and tools.
- Erwin data modeler is a plus Experience in the authoring and delivering data architecture artifacts including data models, data flows and data mappings.
- Must have excellent communication skills; must be able to articulate the value proposition of proposed solutions Experience in financial services -deposits, mortgages, and credit card - is a plus.