Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
Call Center Reservationist
- Job Title
- Call Center Reservationist
- Job ID
- Norfolk, VA 23502
- Other Location
This position is responsible for maintaining the continuity, efficiency and effectiveness of Paratransit service by scheduling rides. Provide timely, accurate, and courteous customer assistance and information services to the passengers of the Paratransit Division and the general public. The work requires the ability to follow instructions and apply acquired knowledge in responding to inquiries and requests to schedule service. The work requires the incumbent(s) to exercise judgment and make decisions within the limits of established policies, procedures and guidelines. The contractor is expected to exercise patience and discretion in a demanding call center environment. The position involves a large amount of verbal communication, by telephone or TDD, with a diverse group of individuals; attention to detail to prevent errors; good problem solving skills; and the use of modern office equipment, including computer terminals, and telephone systems. Duties are desk-bound in nature and are performed under average working conditions.
It is essential that the incumbent be punctual, reliable and maintains regular attendance in order to assure efficient and effective performance of job duties.
Operations are 7 days per week, Monday through Sunday. Work hours are dependent upon availability. This is a part-time position.
- Receive calls from Paratransit riders and schedule van transportation for Paratransit service including the purchased transportation provider.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service to inquiries and requests for system operations information.
- Work closely with the Paratransit Dispatchers to ensure continuity and efficiency of service.
- Receive and respond to telephone, TDD, email or faxed trip requests for Paratransit system operations information; and accurately schedule Paratransit service requests.
- Verify and update passenger identification, address, location and special comments electronically via computer terminal.
- Look up past history of scheduled trips to confirm patterns and trip times and schedules. Utilize spreadsheets to input/access information.
- Advise people who are not eligible of the requirements and assist them in the appropriate method of qualifying.
- Cancel or modify trips scheduled on an as needed basis. Modify and/or schedule standing rides onto run templates. Schedule trips using the application of conditional eligibility.
- Document the trip requests using the computer system (Trapeze).
- Negotiate trip times with customers as needed to balance service supply and demand.
- Monitor operating practices and procedures to assure compliance with Spokane Transit rules and regulations.
- Receive customer complaints and document to refer to appropriate department personnel for resolution. Screen and forward incoming phone calls to appropriate administrative offices.
- Follow and meet the Paratransit Call Flow Guidelines and Criteria.
- Demonstrated inbound call center experience.
- At least 1 year experience in a Customer Service/Assistance role or telephone operator.
- Good oral communication and writing skills.
- Good attention to details.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The physical activity of this position requires the ability to push, pull, reach, finger, and talk.
- Must be able to hear well enough, with or without correction, to receive detailed information through oral communication.