AFib Ablation Nurse Navigator, Full Time, Days
- Job Title
- AFib Ablation Nurse Navigator, Full Time, Days
- Job ID
- Lexington, KY 40503
- Other Location
The AFib Ablation Nurse Navigator is a patient educator, care coordinator, system navigator, and patient advocate with the mission to improve the experience for AFib ablation patients at Baptist Health Lexington. The Nurse Navigator works collaboratively with the patient and their support system, referring physicians, cardiologists, clinical research staff, and other care areas. The AFib Ablation Navigator coordinates clinical consultation, patient education, treatment and plan of care coordination for all EP Ablation patients and provides support to the AFib patient through diagnosis, treatment and patients plan of care through discharge and beyond
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates high quality and individualized patient care through coordination of treatment plan, collaboration with providers and education for the AFib patient to assure compliance with evidence based clinical care measures
- Develops and maintains necessary database and Outcomes registry to support research, improve clinical procedure results, track patient outcomes and enhance processes to promote efficient and compliant patient management.
- Serves as a liaison between the organization, patients, families and the community for AFib Ablation care at Baptist Health Lexington.
- Demonstrates initiative, accountability, and autonomy in developing the Nurse Navigator Ablation program needs and goals for success.
- Serves as a clinical resource, patient advocate, consultant, educator and system navigator for patients.
Assesses patient’s educational and physio/psychosocial needs and barriers to care and assesses the patient’s support system.
Provides written and verbal education and information related to the patient’s diagnosis, procedure plan and follow up care.
Communicates with various physician and clinical services to assure AFib patients have a plan of care pre-procedure and post discharge, including coordination of patient testing and admission to the hospital and follow up care up to 1 year.
- Facilitates high quality, timely and individualized patient care for the AFib patient through coordination, collaboration and advocacy.
Works with patients MD office to schedule appropriate diagnostic procedures/testing and/or hospital admissions upon orders from the physician or mid-level provider.
Works with clinical staff to manage phone calls, follow-ups, and patient management issues for AFib patients.
Streamlines the AFib compliance requirements to meet patient and MD expectations pre and post Afib procedure.
Explains procedures, treatments and processes to patient and family.
Conducts and documents ongoing comprehensive patient assessment and response to procedures.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, and Licensures Required:
Current KY or Compact State License as a Registered Nurse
Bachelors of Nursing
At least 3 years of cardiac experience
For more information, please submit your application, or contact Lauren Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-286-5401.
Are you looking for a rewarding career at Baptist Health in an area or role that you did not see listed? If so, please check out all of our system wide openings by clicking here.