Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
- Job Title
- Pricing Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Radnor, PA 19087
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2018, Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and Baa1 by Moody's.
Title: Risk – Pricing Analyst
Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania
The candidate will perform mortgage industry research and execution analysis in an effort to optimize the sourcing of business for Essent’s portfolio. The ultimate focus will be on evaluating business strategies that can best achieve Essent’s objectives. Position works under regular supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the industry landscape of mortgage product offerings. Conduct market research and disseminate timely competitive intelligence and analysis.
- Observe and quantify daily application, commitment, and production patterns across lenders and segments; create tabular and/or visual representations to compare patterns and attributes versus expectations.
- Assess potential financial impacts of prospective business strategies utilizing company databases, models, and analytical approaches.
- Create accurate and impactful spreadsheet analyses, worksheet tools, and presentation materials to support senior management decision analysis.
- Maintain awareness of trends and developments in credit risk assessment, credit scoring, risk analytics, and finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, finance, operations or a related discipline.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the mortgage or mortgage insurance industry.
- Solid quantitative foundation and advanced analytical and strategic thinking skills, specifically around execution analysis, risk management, and financial/profitability considerations.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint including solid spreadsheet manipulation skills and impactful slide development capability.
- Ability to interact confidently with senior business leaders using excellent verbal and written communication skills across formal, informal, technical, and non-technical settings.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.