The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Telecom Technician - Level 1
- Job Title
- Telecom Technician - Level 1
- Job ID
- Robins AFB, GA
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Technician – Level I
POSTION TYPE: Full Time, Temporary
REPORTS TO: Program Manager (onsite)
LOCATION: Robins AFB, GA
At this level, you will provide technical support to our business unit, specifically in the area of voice communications systems and applications. You will be responsible for performing routine to moderately complex maintenance and support on inside and outside plant infrastructure systems including installation and maintenance support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, cable trays, and ladder racks; establishing connections; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; coordinating with other contractors.
- Installs, tests, maintains, and repairs key telephone systems.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs distribution racks, interconnecting and distribution cables, terminals, intrusion alarms, alerting devices, grounding, and wiring on a variety of signaling and communications systems.
- Maintains current telephone line terminations records and prepares written work reports.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. Tools, test equipment, practices, and methods used in installing analog and digital telephone and signaling equipment
2. Construction, assembly, repair, operation, and interconnection of electronic telephone equipment, including cabling standards, terminations, and testing.
3. Personal computers and local and wide area computing networks
Skill and Ability to:
1. Analyze data, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions
2. Keep up-to-date with modern technology in areas of interest
3. Use electronic test and repair equipment to test and repair telecommunications equipment and systems
4. Clean and handle delicate electronic equipment
5. Follow oral and written instructions
6. Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with those contacted during the course of work
7. Safely use hazardous chemical and solvents
8. Effectively communicate orally and in writing to convey technical information in non-technical terms
9. Use a Windows based PC to organize work, generate records and reports, and configure equipment
- DoD Secret Clearance is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent needed to meet DoD 8570 requirements is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with the full MS Office Suite of productivity tools is preferred but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: