Sr. Application Engineer - 100% Remote Option - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Application Engineer - 100% Remote Option - Contract
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66215
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Application Engineer (Windows Server Admin, AD Implementations, TLS/SSL, SAML, SSO, OAuth2, Windows Server 2008R2-2016)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Under minimal supervision the Sr. Engineer will, assists in analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing large complex system/application or networks consisting of a combination that may include, workstations, LANS, WANs and the physical and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking backbone.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a Window Server Administrator.
- Knowledge of federation to Active Directory implementations
- Understanding of TLS/SSL, SAML, SSO, OAuth2, and Active Directory operations
- Working knowledge of windows server 2008R2 – 2016
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Evaluating and communicating risk in a fact-based manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of hardware, software and application monitoring tools
- Enterprise networking experience, including knowledge of network hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, access points, etc.) and general network troubleshooting concepts.
- Understanding of enterprise LAN and WAN technologies and related protocols
- Sql 2008 and 2016
- PowerShell knowledge
- Strong knowledge of .NET applications
- Experience working on 24x7 environments oriented towards a zero-downtime target.
- Working knowledge or previous administration of SQL 2008R2- SQL 2016 and Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site or remote installations, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Performs on-site or remote customer work including design, installations, repairs, testing, upgrades and/or maintenance on technical products.
- Identifies customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Resolves customer problems and answers questions.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customers.
- Conveys customer feedback to technical design and engineering staff.
- May provide ongoing application, network and security support including servers, firewalls, routers, active directories, etc.