Contract HR & Employee Relations Consultant
- Job Title
- Contract HR & Employee Relations Consultant
- Job ID
- Santa Monica, CA
- Other Location
- Can be anywhere in the US - South West and West preferred owning to location of business
HR Consultant (Employee Relations focus)
Work from home (but must work West Coast hours)
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique Worforce Solutions company and Woman Owned Small Business has been retained to assist a fast growing specialty bakery and storefront company by providing an experience ER professional to oversee tactical HR matters as they seek to restructure their leadership team. The role will likely exist for 3-6 months and can be carried out from home, so long as you can work West Coast hours.
Our client is a really cool concept that has gained publicity and plaudits for its high quality products, friendly service and totally irresistible cakes! With 24 storefront locations across California and Texas, they are poised for even more growth and are restructuring their business operations to reflect the future state of the business. In the interim they need an experienced HR/ER professional to ensure they manage employee matters effectively.
- Manage the flow of employee relations matters that come in from the 24 bakery/store locations.
- Work with General Managers to advise, coach and direct for all routine queries.
- Take direct ownership of more difficult ER issues that necessitate greater sophistication and risk mitigation.
- Work with executive team to ensure they are aware of all ER challenges and utilize leadership and counsel as necessary.
- You will be experienced in managing employee relations issues within a retail, hospitality, food service or similar environment of scale.
- You will be very familiar with employment law as it pertains to non-exempt staff.
- You will be very familiar with California and Texas Employment Law and have experience supporting California in particular.
- You will be comfortable working with managers who have mostly been promoted from within and lack depth of knowledge in common employee relations matters and are ready to coach, educate and advise.
- You will be sufficiently knowledgeable to be able to identify more complex or greater risk matters and take over those cases directly in conjunction with leadership.
- You will enjoy supporting a dynamic and predominantly female workforce.
If you are excited by adding value to a growing firm with great values and a dynamic organization as they get ready for their next phase of growth, then we want to hear from you.
It is our Company's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status. In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws world-wide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. No recruiter or agency calls please. Melinta Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
#HR, #Employee_Relations, #Work_from_home #Consultant #Contract