Hybrid Paralegal / Legal Assistant
- Job Title
- Hybrid Paralegal / Legal Assistant
- Job ID
- Columbia, SC 29201
- Other Location
My client is a well-established insurance defense law firm who has an immediate opening for a highly experienced Litigation Legal Assistant who bills paralegal time when applicable.
- Draft various pleadings, correspondence and other legal documents
- Manage correspondence between attorney and clients
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic files
- Maintain attorney calendar Electronic Filing with Federal and State Courts Work independently
- Provide proactive and advanced legal support
- 7+ years litigation experience in an insurance defense law firm setting
- General litigation experience.
- Personal injury, medical malpractice & construction litigation is highly preferred.
- Type 60+wpm.
- Able to step into an active caseload.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to meet required deadlines, multi-task, prioritize, organize, and work calmly under pressure.
- High attention to detail, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Ability to both follow instructions, and to think and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.