Arlington, VA (Rosslyn)
Are you a self-driven Proposal Manager ready to take the helm in assisting with building a new proposal capability for a well-established IT services firm?
Are you highly organized and adept at driving proposal development with team members of all levels to task completion?
Have you managed large scale proposal development for IT services in the $100M+ range?
Talent Orchard is under contract to identify a highly confident and skilled Proposal Manager for a mature government services firm offering the unique opportunity to contribute to creating and building a new proposal capability for the organization.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and supporting the proposal development lifecycle for all assigned proposals. The proposals are for federal government mission support, information technology, defense and intelligence pursuits, and may vary in size from small to large and may require a variety of solutions. The Proposal Manager is responsible for administering proposal processes, ensuring configuration management, ensuring compliance, providing guidance and assistance to authors, administering proposal related resources, preparing proposal related reports, etc. Tasks managed include shredding RFPs, developing and evaluating compliance matrices, kick-off meetings, status calls, proposal development, proposal writing, color reviews, proposal production, etc. The Proposal Manager may also be called upon to assist in the preparation of responses to Requests for Information and other marketing assignments.
The Proposal Manager plays a critical role in the development of 100% compliant, compelling, and winning proposals. They will leverage their thorough understanding of and excellence in the activities of the entire proposal process from pre-RFP through customer award debriefs. This position reports to the Director of Proposal Operations. A Government Security clearance is not required to start, but the Company can hold Secret or Top Secret clearance if individuals current have one.
- Manage the full lifecycle of RFP analysis, response development, and submission.
- Manage and/or write the technical proposal sections, RFI responses, white papers, resumes, past performance citations, or other proposal narratives in response to solicitations.
- Interpret RFP requirements for compliance mapping.
- Develop proposal templates, outlines, compliance matrices, resource assignments, production checklists, and bid and proposal budgets.
- Develop and maintain the proposal schedule, and report on progress.
- Research and organize solutions and content.
- Collaborate with the Director of Proposal Operations, Proposal Coordinators, Capture Managers, Business Development Managers, Authors, Subject Matter Experts, Artists, Program Managers, Support Leads, etc.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts for responses to RFPs.
- Research and help collect/develop re-usable material for individual authors.
- Fully edit and format documents.
- Coordinate, prepare for and participate in proposal meetings and reviews.
- Ensure submissions are accurate, complete, and compliant with RFP requirements and editorial specifications, as well as corporate quality and branding standards.
- Participate in the upkeep of Proposal Operations reference database.
Minimum Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the management of and development of large, complex proposals for federal government solicitations, including those with an orals component
- 5 years of proposal management/development
- Knowledge of RFP lifecycle management and federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Proven leadership abilities
- Prior experience leading proposals of large scope and size ($100M+) within a large business environment offering IT Services to external customers
- Very strong verbal and written skills – clear, concise, and complete
- Proven ability to successfully communicate company proposal objectives and key characteristics to management and teammates, in writing and oral presentations
- Proven ability to work with/interview Subject Matter Experts to understand and write about complex technical and management approaches
- Excellent people skills - able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority with both internal corporate staff and teammates
- Advanced ability to manage the RFP/RFI process and the contributing team members
- Skilled in analyzing RFPs and preparing outlines, schedules, and proposal templates
- Thorough, detail oriented, and organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities – able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills with solid administrative experience
- Ability to understand and verify compliance
- Skilled in proposal management, coordination, and production
- Skilled in desktop publishing and formatting
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and file sharing applications
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines
- Able to work long hours and weekends if required
- Graphics experience/expertise is a plus
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or learn about our other exciting opportunities on the Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #proposalmanager #federalproposals #proposaldevelopment #RFP @novajobs