Senior Logistics Manager
- Job Title
- Senior Logistics Manager
- Job ID
- Beavercreek, OH 45431
- Other Location
- Offsite - AFLCMC
Senior Logistics Manager
This position supports the B-2 Division (AFLCMC/WWZ) Directorate as a Logistics Manager, Senior.
- Coordinates all logistics elements (e.g., spares, Support Equipment (SE), training, facilities, technical data, provisioning, etc.) to ensure all integrated logistics support requirements for the program are identified and tailored to the B-2 Program Office’s needs. Assigned personnel shall be a key participant in developing long term weapon system supportability approaches that further Government acquisition strategy goals and objectives.
- Performs materiel solution analyses leading up to design reviews. Produces or supports development of draft documentation and presentation materials as requested or necessitated by programmatic limits based on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Applies logistics knowledge to perform various tasks related to the planning, development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive, affordable, and effective systems support strategy.
- Addresses Product Support Elements (PSE): 1) sustaining/system engineering, 2) design interface, 3) supply support, 4) maintenance planning and management, 5) SE/Automatic Test Systems, 6) facilities, 7) Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transportation (PHS&T), 8) Technical Data Management (TDM) and TOs, 9) manpower and personnel, 10) training, 11) computer resources, and 12) protection of Critical Program Information (CPI) and anti-tamper provisions.
- Produces and/or supports development of documentation and presentation materials as requested or necessitated based on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Works on logistics and maintainability programs and with logistics and maintenance control organizations on issues.
- Participates in process improvement activities and meetings, to include IPT meetings, stand-up meetings, logistics reviews, PMRs and other meetings in support of workload requirements.
- Completes and/or supports the accomplishment of a program level Logistics Assessment to include completion of necessary checklists and data assessments.
- Accomplishes Logistics Health Assessments as assigned by the Government.
- Supports Unit Compliance Inspections and Self-Inspection Program to include completion of checklists in a Government database and the collection of supporting documentation.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, investigates, researches, and/or applies logistics, maintenance, acquisition or financial data and information.
- Develops, modifies, prepares, and/or validates documentation in relation to automated logistics or maintenance data reporting systems, and management Information Systems (IS).
- Assists with technical analyses, planning and execution, and assist the Government in the review of technical specifications and documentation in support of Reliability, Maintainability, Quality, Supportability, and Interoperability efforts to facilitate and update sustainment issues identified as related to the Life Cycle Support Plan and Integrated Support Plan.
- Establishes the sparing plan from development through fielding to include test efforts Development Testing/Operational Testing (OT) & Aircraft Monitor and Control.
- Manages product support strategy execution and development throughout the test phase. Monitors supportability activities as flight test progresses and adjust as needed, develop closure plans for problems discovered during flight test, track technical order maturity, collect redlines, schedule reviews and track progress, track system failures and repairs; and change TOs as necessary/appropriate.
- Supports the 1067 modification process to include development, analysis, and coordination of the modification package
- Analyzes, as required, GFE, GFP, SE, life support, and demilitarization requirements.
- Analyzes and compares Government and prime Contractor GFE/GFP plans and schedules with the program status to recommend those actions to be required to comply with plans, identify changes to plans, and recommend corrective actions to resolve problem areas.
- Applies knowledge of GFP/GFE purchasing to determine cost, develop budgets, process purchasing documentation, and resolve issues to ensure adequate asset availability.
- Performs system related analyses of configuration, deliveries and deficiencies, and support the integration of training system requirements into production program plans and documentation.
- Reviews, evaluates, and provide recommendations on program budgets to include preparing documentation and briefing charts for the POM cycle and the Air Force CAM process.
- Researches, identifies, and recommend strategies to reduce B-2 weapon system Cost of Ownership and Cost per Flying Hour.
- Provides support to the sustainment teams through data analysis, acquisition management, procurement and other associated logistics data of critical assets, insurance spares, tooling, and related parts and material.
- Participates in process improvement activities and meetings, to include IPT meetings, stand-up meetings, logistics reviews, PMRs, and other meetings in support of workload requirements.
- Supports initial spares planning to include development of initial spares requirements and cost projections.
- Develops, reviews, and maintains Serialized Item Management to include IUID, automatic identification technology, and automatic IS.
- Provides technical, analytical, and sustainment support for depot activation.
- Supports the development, performance, and implementation of a Product Support BCA for the B-2 platform or an individual modernization/sustainment program.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follows policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attends work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Performs occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required
- Works flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry’s out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Submits monthly status reports and other information as requested
- Complies with requirements of the contract’s Visitor Group Security Agreement (VGSA).
- Prepares CDRL inputs including the Task Order’s Monthly Status Report.
- Completes required Government training and certifications.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required.
- A Senior labor category has over 10 years of experience and a MA/MS degree. A Senior labor category typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior labor category may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Must obtain and maintain a government security clearance at the required level.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications.
- Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
Master's degree and minimum 10+ years' experience