The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Director of Finance
- Job Title
- Director of Finance
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Director of Finance
LOCATION: Tysons Corner, VA (HQ)
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance
Guided by the MicroTech's mission, vision and core values, the Director of Finance supports the VP of Finance in providing the oversight, management and administration necessary to ensure the proper fiduciary controls, processes, reporting, procedures and systems are in place and the procedures and reporting are accomplished responsibly and efficiently. As needed, the Director of Finance must be capable of standing in for the VP, Finance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cash and risk management:
1. Manage ongoing banking relationships for maximum efficiency
2. Manage all the payment and collection transactions
3. Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast
4. Responsible for the management of MicroTech’s insurance and risk management program
5. Oversee the annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times
6. Review financing and credit terms of preferred vendors
Accounting and financial controls:
1. Manage the financial system, ensuring maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the business today and in the future
2. Manage and verify the commissions and bonuses computations and payments
3. Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output
4. Oversee and coordinate the accounting policies and procedures development process to meet both current and future business models
5. Oversee the external audit, review and analyze results and recommend approval of the audited financial statements
6. Ensure MicroTech is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner
7. Ensure effective follow up processes are in place
1. Responsible for financial management reporting for MicroTech
2. Present monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results
3. Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required
4. Ensure financial management reporting and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business
5. Develop and prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting packages
1. Assist in the review of the annual business plan development and budgeting process
2. Assist the VP of Finance on ongoing financial modeling and analysis
3. Assist the VP of Finance in the financial modeling and analysis process to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plans
4. Assist the VP of Finance in the quarterly outlook process
1. Responsible for timely processing of time and attendance information, payroll transactions and payroll processing to ensure that all MicroTech employees are paid on an accurate and timely manner
2. Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the payroll transactions in the General Ledger
3. Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of tax withholdings and payment in an accurate and timely manner
4. Responsible for the proper safeguarding of employee’s payroll information
5. Leads all the payroll cycle debrief meetings
Compliance and Audits:
1. Supervise all the compliance and audit functions
2. Develop and oversee the internal review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are compiled throughout MicroTech
1. Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross foundation teamwork and customer service
2. Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
3. Develop finance and accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the MicroTech goals
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Accounting role
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a US Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
- Strong MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint skills
- Government Contracting – Desired
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Desired
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: