Insider Threat Specialist
- Job Title
- Insider Threat Specialist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20002
- Other Location
- Offsite - Pentagon
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Establish policy and processes for information sharing and risk management by:
- Providing specific training and mitigation measures;
- Establishing monitoring & reporting capability;
- Establishing multidisciplinary analysis capability;
- Utilizing risk management strategies & decision-making process; and
- Establishing governance.
• Recommend interim protection measures upon completion of the Insider Threat Assessment by:
- Obtaining approval to implement;
- Assisting with implementation; and
- Recording interim measures.
• Analyze threats to the OUSD(P) mission by:
- Developing and submitting necessary inputs to servicing Counterintelligence Threat Assessment Center; and
- Reviewing threat assessment to derive program specific vulnerabilities.
• Deploy Insider Threat Countermeasures
• Conduct vulnerability assessments and risk analyses by:
- Revamping current training requirements;
- Personalizing User Activity Monitoring (UAM) to meet organizational needs;
- Generating the reporting trigger to the Detection Process;
- Comparing existing protection levels to appropriate protection levels; and
- Prioritizing vulnerabilities.
• Develop protection measure options based on:
- Mitigation of risk
- Feasibility of implementation
- Program funding and resources allocations
- Management accountability and oversight of program
- Oversee issuance and separate implementation plan
- Ensure program is developed and implemented in consultation with the Office of General Counsel and civil liberties and privacy officials
- Submit periodic status/progress reports
- Ensure an annual program self-assessment is conducted and report results to Senior Officials
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Core Competencies:
• Ability to interface with senior level management.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Ability to translate complex concepts into tangible and functional products
• Monthly Status Report
Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with a concentration in Criminal Justice, Business Management, Security Management, or Business Administration
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience.
• Military with a background in security or related discipline.
Special Requirements :
• Obtain and maintain CAC
• TS/SCI PCL required at hire
• Travel outside of National Capital Region may be required.
• Local travel within the National Capital Region may be required to support work requirements in specific offices.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
TS/SCI required to start