Compensation & Benefits Manager - North and South America
- Job Title
- Compensation & Benefits Manager - North and South America
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48375
- Other Location
Compensation and Benefits Manager – North and South America
Terms: Direct Hire
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Reporting to the Human Resources Senior Manager, the position is responsible for supporting the Americas’ region’s compensation and benefits programs through performing in-depth analyses, drawing insights and conclusions from data, and creating and improving processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals; creating a work environment where people can realize their full potential; thus, allowing the organization to meet current and future business challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field; Master’s degree preferred
Competencies, Experiences and Requirements
- Strong strategic, analytic, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Minimum seven years’ experience in Compensation/Benefits
- Broad knowledge of compensation issues, trends, best practice
- Advanced Excel skills
- Analytically minded approach and good problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging global markets and market trends, as well a deep understanding of emerging cultural and competitive practices
- Understands and accounts for regional and cultural differences.
- Demonstrated agility to work collaboratively across a global matrixed organization and functions in a rapidly changing environment
- High-energy with a strong work ethic, sense of urgency and high expectations for performance
- Superb customer service ethic with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates excellent business judgment and ability to move and evolve with the fast-changing needs of the company.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the regional compensation planning cycle for merit and bonus through program design, budget reporting, communication, analytical support and approval process
- Participate in compensation surveys, analyze market compensation survey results and take action based on those results
- Conduct the annual market pay analysis, develop salary ranges, job titles/codes, and deliver conclusions and recommendations on the company’s competitive position to management
- Identify and recommend improvements and efficiencies around compensation programs, processes, reporting and support initiatives
- Contribute to various other compensation activities including completing ad hoc job evaluation and market data requests, ensuring compliance with internal policies, and local labor laws, and conducting research related to emerging
- Build quantitative models in Excel, including data gathering, data modeling, analysis, and create exhibits in PowerPoint for multiple countries and currencies
- Provide necessary support for reporting for HRIS
- Use market data to provide compensation recommendations for individual positions across the region. Identify comparable positions and industries to make recommendations for hard-to-find or unique positions.
- Conduct job analyses on both existing and new jobs to determine appropriate salary level according to guidelines and market conditions.
- Using market data, government data, and other sources to provide recommendations to senior management regarding compensation-related matters
- Producing standard and ad-hoc reports and analysis regarding compensation and related workforce trends. Analyzing results to identify root issues
- Coordinate the annual headcount budgeting process; providing variance analysis monthly and as requested on headcount, salary, or other human resources-related financial analysis
- Ensure compensation programs are administered in compliance with policies and government regulations through audits, reports and personal contacts
- Collaborate with Finance on salary budgets
- Deep knowledge of regional benefit program design, management and communications in U.S., Canada, Mexico and Brazil
- Ensure programs remain market competitive, cost effective, legally compliant, and aligned with our global benefits philosophy and company needs
- Monitor trends in the marketplace, prevalent practices among peer companies, emerging technologies, and new product solutions to help shape recommendations for new programs or program improvements
- Coordinate with local HR teams and brokers to ensure that benefit plans are competitive and that renewals are timely and cost effective
- Oversee legislative and law changes, ensure each locations’ plans and policies are compliant with all federal, state and local benefit laws
- Work with HR Team to ensure administration of benefits, including open enrollment and leaves of absence area administered appropriately.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the US benefit regulatory environment and US benefit plan administration.
- Self-motivated and passionate about employee benefits and bringing the very best work/life experience to employees around the globe.