Senior Legislative Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Legislative Analyst
- Job ID
- Alexandria, VA 22350
- Other Location
- Offsite - NCR
• Active Top-Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Minimum ten (10) years of professional work experience
Preferred Skills and Relevant Experience:
• Experience working with DoD related legislation (e.g. National Defense Authorization Act or Defense Appropriations Act)
• Master’s degree from an accredited university
• PMP certified
• Working Knowledge of OUSD(P) mission and tasks
• Experience working on Capitol Hill for one of the four defense committee
• Experience managing the legislative proposal process
• Experience working with US Government Congressional or Legislative offices
- Clearing Witness Hearing Statements through Security and Policy Review
- Questions/Inserts for the Record (QFRs, IFRs) and Transcript Reviews - Coordinate and track all QFRs and IFRs from congressional committees as assigned by OSD (Legislative Affairs) or OSD(Comptroller).
- Issue Papers or Q&A for SECDEF Hearing Prep Books - Coordinate development and update of SecDef issue papers produced by or coordinated for DoD lead agency.
- SecDef Tough Questions - Facilitate on time, proper routing, tasking and coordination of SecDef Tough Questions.
-Statement of Administration Policy (SAP) - Provide timely and proper internal coordination of Statement of Administration Policy reviews across all components.
-SecDef Heartburn Letter Inputs - Provide timely and proper internal coordination of SecDef Heartburn Letters.
- Legislative Appeals to the Annual Defense Authorization and Appropriation Bills - Coordinate legislative appeals on the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
-Congressional Reporting Requirements - Coordinate reporting requirements within Policy and provide bill research.
- Interagency Coordination Activities (Green Sheets) - Provide timely and proper coordination.
- Legislative Proposals - Coordinate legislative proposals internally as well as with other agencies.
- Upcoming issue tracker - Maintain a tracker to be submitted weekly to track current and upcoming hearings, nomination and confirmation of Presidentially Appointed Senate confirmed (PAS) officials, Q&As, legislation, timelines for appeals, and highlighting other significant legislative milestones.
- Hearing Transcripts - Attain hearing transcripts with DoD witnesses of interest as soon as they become available following the hearing and provide to the relevant office.
-Legislative Research -
- Conduct research on bills/resolutions from the current Congress and from previous years.
- Analyze the House and Senate and final versions of the NDAA to identify sections that effect Policy equities and provide side by side analysis against the DoD submitted bill language.
- Assist and prepare staff on legislative issue operations and functions as well as keep informed on legislative timelines/milestones.
- Prepares, reviews, and edits a broad range of draft Congressional testimony and briefings.
- Researches and answers questions about routine correspondence and reports, as well as proposed legislation and its status.
- Prepares “side by side” comparisons of Congressional action and other reference material for senior official and staff use on the status legislative proposals.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
Bachelor's degree, 10+ years' experience, TS/SCI