- Job Title
- Assistant Teacher
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonvile, FL 32258
- Other Location
WANTED ! ! !
Assistant Teacher/Educational Childcare
Full Time/Part Time
Hours Vary - (Must be able to work a schedule between 6:30am - 6:30pm)
Are you strong at heart, motivated, driven, reliable and love kids??? If so, this educational childcare located near St Johns County wants YOU!!!
"PERKS" Paid Vacation, Maternity Leave & Discounted Childcare
Assists in the daily management and supervision of classroom and children, as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Assists and supervises children during all activities. Counsels children when social, academic or adjustment problems arise.
- Develops plans and prepares instructional aids and materials for classroom activities.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained, in accordance with the NAEYC cleaning and sanitizing guidelines.
- Assists children with meal times and clean-up.
- Assists with all academy and classroom paperwork: for example, daily notes, accident reports, and attendance reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings as requested.
- Assists with preparation and implementation of classroom lesson plans, programs, and schedule.
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly.
- Responsible for attending workshops, conferences, and in-service training.
- Reports any problems to the teacher-in-charge or the director.
- Reports to director when not able to attend work.
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel are not available; for example, takes full responsibility for the classroom in the absence of the classroom teacher, or may write, submit, and implement a weekly lesson plan.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
- Meets all state requirements for the position.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent and be 18 years of age. Or must be in a high school work study program relating to the area of child care.
- Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least waist high.
- Required Skills
- Pay Range
- $10.50 Hourly to $13.50 Hourly