- Job Title
- Lead Teacher
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonvile, FL 32258
- Other Location
WANTED ! ! !
Lead Teacher/Educational Childcare
Full Time/Part Time
Hours Vary - Must be able to work a schedule between 6:30am - 6:30pm)
Are you strong at heart, motivated, driven, reliable and love kids??? If so, this educational childcare located near St Johns County wants YOU!!!
"PERKS" Paid Vacation, Maternity Leave & Discounted Childcare
Responsible for the daily planning, management, and supervision of the classroom and children. Generally, is assisted in the classroom by an assistant teacher. Is responsible for ensuring that all parents, children, and classroom staff concerns are appropriately addressed.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained, in accordance with the NAEYC cleaning and sanitizing guidelines.
- Completes all academy and classroom paperwork: for example, daily notes, student accident reports, attendance reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings, as requested.
- Assists and supervises children during all activities.
- Counsel’s children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise.
- Prepares and implements classroom lesson plans, program, and schedule.
- Develops, plans, and prepares instructional aids / materials for classroom activities.
- Assists children with meal times and clean-up.
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly.
- Physically arranges the classroom into well-defined interest areas.
- Directs activities of other staff in the classroom to ensure that the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
- Communicates appropriate information to parents; maintains developmental profiles for children.
- Schedules and conducts parent and teacher conferences throughout the year.
- Maintains family information board and other classroom bulletin boards.
- Ensures that classroom medication schedule is followed.
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel is not available: for example, may answer telephones at front desk, or may assist supervisor with bookkeeping tasks.
- Assists with planning and implementing academy-wide events.
- Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers.
- Assists in evaluating personnel within the classroom.
- Schedules field trips and speakers for monthly programs as directed by management.
- Prepares classroom portion of monthly newsletter.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
- All employees are required to receive 15 hours of training each calendar year per DCFS requirements.
- Must meet state requirements for position.
- Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least waist high.
- Required Skills
- Pay Range
- $10.50 Hourly to $13.50 Hourly