Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
Senior Director Credit Risk Modeling
- Job Title
- Senior Director Credit Risk Modeling
- Requisition ID
- Radnor, PA 19087
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2018, Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and Baa1 by Moody's.
Title: Senior Director of Credit Risk Modeling
Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania
This is a leadership position that works under minimal supervision and is responsible for development and implementation of state-of-the-art consumer finance, mortgage credit models and credit risk scorecards used for underwriting eligibility, pricing assessment, portfolio monitoring, economic analysis, and forecasting. Additional responsibility includes driving innovation around leveraging alternative data sources and technologies to aid and enhance existing modeling capacity, e.g. uses of Credit Bureau Data, Social Media & other data, implementation of Machine Learning, AI methods and related data management practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide full-cycle leadership for development of state-of-the-art credit risk & scorecard models including data exploration, design, estimation, implementation, testing, and documentation.
- Implement, maintain, and update as needed, credit risk/scorecard models in a frontend, production-grade framework collaborating cross-departmentally with operations and IT staff.
- Monitor model performance and deliver technical and business-oriented communications for internal and external constituencies of varied backgrounds both technical and non-technical.
- Maintain regular awareness of trends and developments in credit risk assessment, scoring and modeling technologies, risk analytics and finance with a focus on incorporating strategic continuous improvements to processes.
- Supervise modeling projects and staff as applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading development and implementation of statistical models within consulting or in a corporate or government environment.
- Candidates with prior credit card modeling experience preferred.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Economics, Finance, Statistics or a related Quantitative field
- Expert proficiency in languages used for data manipulation and statistical analysis e.g. SQL, SAS, MATLAB, R/Python.
- Ability to lead complex modeling projects efficiently and accurately under various conditions such as tight time frames, on remote assignment, using alternative toolsets, independently, collaboratively, etc.
- Ability to interact confidently with senior business leaders using excellent verbal and written communication skills in technical and non-technical settings.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.