Senior Cyber Intel Threat Analyst - TS/SCI Clearance
- Job Title
- Senior Cyber Intel Threat Analyst - TS/SCI Clearance
- Job ID
- Linthicum, MD 21090
- Other Location
Senior Cyber Intelligence Threat Analyst
Top Secret/SCI Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for an experienced Senior Cyber Intelligence Threat Analyst to support a support a cyber crime analytical group for a DoD Customer in Linthicum, MD.
The analyst provides the customer with expertise in Intelligence sources, collection methods and analytic techniques, as well as collaborates among interagency partners to identify malicious activity and provide analytic support to LE/CI investigations and operations. The analyst performs analysis on existing and emerging advanced persistent threat (APT) organizations, actors, and malware.
The ideal candidate is an experienced cyber intelligence analyst or law enforcement/counterintelligence (LE/CI) analyst or agent, who has applied their mastery of cyber threat intelligence, intelligence analysis techniques, and sources and methods to produce high quality analysis products for the last 5 years. Will be required to brief smaller groups up to 10 persons on a weekly basis. Only candidates with a current TS/SCI clearance will be considered. Candidates with CI Poly are preferred, but not necessary to start.
- Must have 10 years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree; or 18 years of professional experience without a degree
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology or Information Security, Computer Science, Intelligence Studies, Cyber Security or another related field of study or equivalent 3+ years performing technical cyber threat intelligence analysis.
- Strong technical skills proficiency in the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication, installation, malware types), intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch) and open source information collection.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Domain Name Service records.
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Threat Intelligence principles to include indicators of compromise (IOC) types, indicator pivoting and indicator attribution strength.
- Strong understanding of US Intelligence Community and how cyber intelligence organizations work together for purposes of conducting cyber threat analysis.
- Strong proficiency hunting APT data using open source cyber threat analytic tools or data repositories such as VirusTotal, Passive Total, Threat Miner, or Maltego
- Strong proficiency and recent experience (within last 3 years) performing NETFLOW and PCAP analysis using common analysis tools (examples include Wireshark, Splunk, ChopShop, Dshell, Network Miner, Moloch, etc). Candidate must be strongly proficient at sessionizing PCAP data, identifying and decoding protocols, extracting files, and applying standard filters such as Berkley Packet Filter (BPF).
- Strong proficiency Report writing - a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting
- Strong or Intermediate ability to apply formal intelligence analysis methods, develop hypothesis, prove/disprove relationships, always ask why, defend your analysis, and apply attribution to cyber threat activity.
- Must be able to make confidence-based assessments for purposes of attribution based on their technical analysis of network traffic, multi-source data, malware and system forensic analysis.
- Must be able to identify analytic bias.
- Intermediate ability to build intrusion related data visualizations and perform analysis (i.e., using I2 Analyst Notebook, Netviz, Palantir, etc)
- Intermediate ability to present technical information and analysis to groups up to 50 persons on a quarterly basis.
- Self-starter with the ability to proactively engage and develop relationships with intrusion set subject matter experts and analyst counterparts across the US Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Cyber intelligence analysis experience focusing on Eurasia or the "near abroad" preferred.
- Russian language, ILR 3/3 level of general proficiency (or equivalent certified language training standard) with a test date in the last 3 years
- Familiarity with / experience researching Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates and IP Geolocation
- Experience applying Kill Chain analysis, Cyber Intelligence Preparation of the Environment (CIPE) modeling, or Diamond modeling of cyber threat activity
- Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, Network+, CCNA, Security+, SANS certification(s) such as GPEN or GCIH
- Advanced NETFLOW and PCAP Analysis
- Advanced Data Visualization proficiency leveraging COTS/GOTS tools
- Technical Skills proficiency: Python language, encryption technologies/standards
- Intermediate malware analysis or digital computer forensics experience
- Any type of Cyber related Law Enforcement or Counterintelligence experience
- Existing Subject Matter Expert of Advanced Persistent Threat activity
- Experience using COTS/Open Source tools: Novetta Cyber Analytics, Mitre ChopShop and/or ARL DSHELL
- Analyst experience in Federal Cyber Center, NSA, or Corporate CIRT
- Formal training as an intelligence analyst in any discipline
- Graduate of US Govt intelligence analysis course: CAC, IBC, Kent School, IC 101, Analysis 101, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or learn about our other exciting opportunities on the Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @marylandjobs @tsscijobs @MDjobs @topsecretjobs #cyberthreatanalyst #IOC #APT #cyberintelligence