Please select the position below that you want to apply for or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.
- Job Title
- PATY CHIEF
- Job ID
- Denver, CO 80221
- Other Location
- Advanced knowledge of survey field techniques and survey language.
- Intermediate knowledge of State and Federal laws, and agency rules and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of the use of sophisticated GPS equipment, total stations, and other electronic surveying equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of plumb range rods and level rods; the use of conventional surveying equipment such as rods, chains, tripods, levels, and tribrachs.
- Able to take, review and direct correction of field notes. Competence in coordinate geometry calculation is required A general understanding of AutoCAD software operations and its uses, preferred.
- Advanced understanding of database and system administration techniques used to move data and files between applications and repositories and performing database queries.
- Advanced understanding of GIS concepts and processes; uses and operations of GPS data capture equipment and software.
- Ability to maintain a cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work activities. Familiarity with map projections and state plane coordinate systems is required.
- This position requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field including the ability to read reports, spread sheets, manuals, blue prints, plans, drawings and correspondence. Also, required is the ability to perform general math calculations.
- The ability to convey plan details to junior surveyors is a necessary part of this job.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Interacts with the assigned PLS to ensure project completion.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Have knowledge of ethics and technical standards and organizations such as ALTA, NGS, NSPS/ACSM and BLM. Show responsibility in the profession (i.e. attire, honesty, respect for personal property)
- This position requires/may require use of a company-owned vehicle(s); must possess a valid driver’s license and have no more than two minor violations (i.e. speeding 5-10 over, defective vehicle) within the preceding 36 months, nor a major violation (i.e. DUI) within the previous 60 months.