Technical Writer – DoD Cybersecurity
Fort Belvoir, VA
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are seeking a DoD Technical Writer with an active Secret Clearance to support a customer in Fort Belvoir, VA. The candidate will develop Agency-level cybersecurity policy and related documentation in alignment with Department of Defense (DoD), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and industry standards.
- Serve as the contractor representative for Information Operations (J6) Cybersecurity Division (J6IOC) at Agency-level meetings concerning cybersecurity policy initiatives.
- Coordinate with the Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) to develop and revise comprehensive documentation to capture detailed instructions for daily operations to ensure the defense of the Agency’s networks.
- Coordinate with the CSSP to develop the CSSP Quarterly Report publication, which highlights the CSSP’s key achievements, the Agency’s threat environment, challenges, and ways ahead for cybersecurity at the Agency.
- Develop Agency-wide communications on emerging cybersecurity topics for a variety of mediums.
- Maintain the J6IOC SharePoint page, which highlights emerging cyber threats, team overviews, and serves as a one-stop shop for cybersecurity resources.
- Serve as the backup for IA Directives to ensure United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) and Joint Force Headquarters Department of Defense Information Network (JFHQ-DoDIN) Tasking Orders are monitored, tracked, and tasked to the appropriate functional areas for action.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with Active Secret security clearance to start
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years’ experience or eight (8) years of professional experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Exceptional technical writing, editing, research, and reporting skills to develop a variety of cybersecurity-related documentation, ensuring products are clear and concise, technically accurate, and audience appropriate.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to effectively coordinate with technical subject matter experts and management at all levels.
- Ability to work with a variety of Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to deliver quality products.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Security+ certification
- Experience utilizing Microsoft SharePoint to develop and modify web content
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost @secretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs #technicalwriter #techwriter